140,143,147. 6.5 creed

snox801

So as the title states. Which bullet is the sweet spot for the 6.5 creed? I've been shooting them all out of my custom and they have all shot great. I'm now reaching the 100 round mark and am gonna give it a good cleaning and then get to final load work. This is my hunting rifle and of course it like to get as much out of it as possible. I took a large oryx wig the 147 this year at only 160 yards. But I'm seeing way to many guys running the 140's am I missing something? Powder capacity? I've been shooting factory for the first 100 as I've had no time and it's been shooting very good.

I shoot Hornady 140 ELD-M out of mine and love the results. Out of my gun they them to shoot better beyond 100

My gun likes the 130eldm at 2845fps and the 143eldx at 2739fps. 26"tube. If that's any help. I think you should run the numbers and decide what works best for you.
I'm going with the 143 for extra expansion at lower velocities...theoretically anyways. I've killed a few coyotes at moderate ranges and the bullet worked great

Shooting the 140 Berger in three different 6.5 CM's. They are more accurate than the 130's in all three rifles. Two Ruger Precision and a Browning Hells Canyon Speed. H4350, Nosler brass and 210M primers. The Browning killed a desert bighorn at 612yds shot by my friend.

I have the 4350, lapua brass. I'm just debating whether the extra speed of 130 or what the diffrence would be between the 140, 143, and 147. They are all so close not sure it would even matter.

They are close in ballistics when run at appropriate hypothetical velocities. Nothing really pulls ahead until extreme range. That's one reason I like the 130 hybrid. It gives up very little in drift, but is quite a bit flatter shooting out to 1000 yards, if you can get it above 2900 fps. Flatter trajectory is more valuable to me when range is not exactly known.

I'm running coated 147's @ 2850 with rl 26. I've shot one manged up coyote at just under 200yds. I've shot some steel out to 700. Today we had the remains of the nor easter. With gusty 15-25mph running from 730-8 oclock I was able to hit@ 430 with every shot on a 8"gong. I held on the plate for each shot My buddy was shooting a 243 with some 75 and 87 vmaxs He shot about 60% with the 87's and under 50% with the 75's.

That's what I was wondering. I have rl 26 and 4350. I was planning on running the 147 but saw so many people shooting 140's made me wonder. Guess you can't really go wrong with either.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts