6.5 bullets on game

Skip the Berger, Barnes and Accubond and just buy some 110gr Hammer Hunters. Push them as fast as you can. Steve guarantees his bullets will shoot. There's probably nothing better in the market right now. I promise you won't be sorry. And if you're thinking "Gosh, 110s are so light." STOP. They'll drop any deer you can connect with.
Thanks for that buddy!!

We've been running the 130 AccuBonds from my sons 260 for the last few deer seasons. It's very accurate and flat out terrorizes deer lungs and heart . From almost point blank out to 390 yards longest shot that I've let him take on animal so far.
Just seat them to Nosler specs over a medium dose of imr 4350 I believe it was right off the top of my head. Sight in 2 inches high at 100 . And hold steady dead deer every shot so far. Only had to track one it ran to the edge of the field and went through the fence into edge of woods and went to sleep while running. Dangdest thing I've ever seen.

Skip the Berger, Barnes and Accubond and just buy some 110gr Hammer Hunters. Push them as fast as you can. Steve guarantees his bullets will shoot. There's probably nothing better in the market right now. I promise you won't be sorry. And if you're thinking "Gosh, 110s are so light." STOP. They'll drop any deer you can connect with.

I have a few animals in the freezer that would disagree with you.
There are many great offerings these days that would easily shoot as well. I just think some things seem better when a company rep is in on the discussions.

Will - thanks, good to know. Many short action or even the Swede are not too far behind. Read an article years ago, fella had a '06 like you, but used the original 125 PT which had a lathe turned cannelure ring he used for seating depth. He took many deer, elk, etc with that rifle and the 125 PTs. No doubt the 140s at 2900 is a solid performer, no frills. Sometimes K.I.S.S. is a good way to go.

Re: the 130 ABs above, dumped a deer around 275 yds using a K1A Ruger SS #1 in 6.5x55 years back with a 6x42 Leupold and German #4 reticle. MV was around 2700-2750. That bullet shot 1.1" for 3 at 200 yds....had similar and better results in other rifles, so 1/2 MOA is not unreasonable. A killer it is....

My Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor likes the 143 gr ELDX and my Savage 11 6.5 Creedmoor likes the 120 gr GMX. Both are deadly Whitetail rounds and both are very accurate to 400 yards +.
I have a box of the 120 gmx's how fast are you getting them going?

Alot of concern is placed on accuracy when it comes to a bullet but not much on the bullets effect on game or at least not written about. What is everyone's experience with let's say Berger 140 elite Hunter, Hornady 143 eldx, Nosler accubond LR on game animals?
The Nosler 142gr LR Accubond and the Hornady ELD's are far superior hunting bullets than the Bergers!

The Nosler 142gr LR Accubond and the Hornady ELD's are far superior hunting bullets than the Bergers!
Did not experience that in any way shape or form, Creedmore speeds blew up 143 ELDx on deer in the 300 yard range, nothing made it through a deer hit between the ribs, not even the second lung. Every 140 Berger pin hole in wreckage in the middle and a golf ball size exit on every deer and most elk shot.

I shoot the Hornady 129 grain SST. I use them in a 6-5 Creedmoor. A 264 Win Mag and a 26 Nosler. I have not recovered any of those bullets today in class 52 the animals shot that deer this year at 280 yards through both front shoulders never took a step passed completely through

I'm giving the 147 ELD-M'S a run on Elk,,, Moose,,, and both types of Deer this year...

Pretty sure that 2880 ft-per seconds will get the job done from the 6 5 A Square...
I could load a fraction hotter,,, but accuracy trumps the game plan...

Fingers crossed that they come in close to get hammered. Ha

I have a few animals in the freezer that would disagree with you.
There are many great offerings these days that would easily shoot as well. I just think some things seem better when a company rep is in on the discussions.
I'm not sure what part of my comment you're disagreeing with. That the Hammer is a better option for killing...?
I didn't say the others wouldn't work, I simply said you can't go wrong with a bullet that's made by a guy that has said he'd buy them back if they won't shoot. I've never heard of Berger, Barnes, Hornady, or Nosler putting their money where their mouth is in this way.
Edit:
I know the other options I listed will kill too. I'm definitely not saying they won't. All I'm trying to say is you've got nothing to loose by using Hammers.

Alot of concern is placed on accuracy when it comes to a bullet but not much on the bullets effect on game or at least not written about. What is everyone's experience with let's say Berger 140 elite Hunter, Hornady 143 eldx, Nosler accubond LR on game animals?
I hunt with a 6.5 PRC and a 7mm practical I used the 147 ELD match bullet in the 6-5 in the 180s in my 7 mm same to work great however I have never shot anything closer than 500 yards I took a elk at 5:25 with the practical and a bar at 1100 yards work really well. My girlfriend took a whitetail at 650 with the PRC it worked really well.I just don't know how they were performed at closer range probably like a blister tip I would say afternoon

OK- read the entire thread - summarizing, 6.5 bullets - 125 gr or heavier will kill anything in North America and some things in Africa, at a variety of distances from 25 to 1000+ yards away.
For those of you that might read the last post first. I believe the posts are true to folk's experience - this is actually a summary.
OK some of it is sarcastic due to the preponderance of 6.5 fever (OK I have 6.5 envy - I do not have one YET - even worse - I have a 7mm rem mag and a 308/7.62x51 for hunting purposes - although the 7mm does shoot .25 MOA with my reloads).

Our 257Robts, which is only .007" smaller than the .264", has taken a lot from caribou to elk but personally, I wouldn't take a 6.5 to Africa.

The undeniable 6.5 fever has developed into something very good as far as great new cartridge offerings. The first of that caliber I shot was when a friend offered to let me shoot his old 264WM at the range using his last two bullets. Two in one hole.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.