6.5 bullets on game

Back from BC!

51" Canada Moose - 68yds with a 6.5PRC 143eldx dropped in his tracks.Shot was high shoulder and never found the bullet.

9-1/2" Mountain Goat - 603yds Same load as above. Shot was off my tripod in about a foot of mushy moss and I had to lay it across my swaro bino adapter. 3 consecutive shots and he never moved/flinched. Spotter kept telling me I was low, high, right but I knew there was no way I missed three in a row. He looked again after the 3rd shot and saw blood pouring from his nose and the billy stayed standing strong for a few minutes until he walked a bit up the mountain and just disappeared. A 3hr hike across the ravine and up the mountain later we found him in this crevice. In the process of caping we found three shots in about a 3-4" circle through the heart and lungs, those guys are resilient to say the least! All three shots were through and through into the side of the mountain, those impacts into the rocks are what he was calling misses!!!! Massive internal hemorrhaging internally and the offside shoulder was mangled pretty good at all the exists.

Overall very satisfied with the Copper Creek loaded 143s and I will stick with them going forward.

Good luck to all this season.
View attachment 152962 View attachment 152963 View attachment 152964
Thanks for sharing your info. Great pics and Congrats!

I save the 6.5 for deer and have tried a few so far:

Medium sized whitetail buck with a 129 SST at ~50 yards from 6.5 Creed. Buck ran maybe 15 yards. Perfect mushroom and recovered bullet resting on far side of the hide. Took out both shoulders and the bullet held together well (although typical jacket/core separation when removing the bullet). Very little meat damage considering the shot placement and close range shot.

Large bodied whitetail buck with 140 Accubond at ~50 yards from 6.5 Creed. Double shoulder shot with full pass-through. Buck did a face plant and plowed ahead 5 yards and piled up. Massive damage on far side shoulder with a lot of meat damage. With a bonded bullet, expected less damage on that type of shot. Fist sized exit and lesson learned.

Large bodied whitetail doe taken with 120 E-tip from 6.5 Creed. Shot was nearly straight down out of a stand. Shot in the neck and she dropped on the spot. No surprise, full pass-through and no meat damage. One of my favorite deer bullets in 6.5 now. Mono, cheap to shoot vs others, accurate...

Average size whitetail doe at ~550 yards (so cold rangefinder wasn't working correctly but had prior ranges to ballpark a clean shot) single shot with 143 ELD-X out of 6.5-300. Full pass-through on a high shoulder shot. Dropped on the spot and very little meat damage. Bullet mushroomed and performed exactly as it should.

Have loads worked up for 140 SST's and 142 ABLR's that are super accurate. Haven't had a chance to try on game yet though. I have no doubt both will be stellar out to any distance I'll be shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.