6.5 bullets on game

Lrreloader

Alot of concern is placed on accuracy when it comes to a bullet but not much on the bullets effect on game or at least not written about. What is everyone's experience with let's say Berger 140 elite Hunter, Hornady 143 eldx, Nosler accubond LR on game animals?

Admittedly not what you asked for, but I used the Hornady 129 from a 260, then the Nosler 120/125 from a 6.5/284. the Noslers were "emphatic" (is that the right word?) "striked liked Lightning" killers on der/antelope.

Admittedly not what you asked for, but I used the Hornady 129 from a 260, then the Nosler 120/125 from a 6.5/284. the Noslers were "emphatic" (is that the right word?) "striked liked Lightning" killers on der/antelope.
I just have my concerns on everything being accuracy driven over performance driven, at the end of the day and you have a load developed for me what matters is how effectively and cleanly game is taken

Berger fan here. We have used the 140 Hybrid and HVLDs a bunch in a 6.5SLR and 6.5SS, and all the coyotes/deer hated them to death.
Switched to a 130 OTM in my daughter's 6.5SLR rebuild this summer. Have only shot one pronghorn with them, but performance was amazing. One and done. Flopped over in his bed from 391 yards away and never moved an inch. Have buddies who use them in 6.5CM too.

The 150 SMK has worked really well on coyotes to pronghorn. I have a good load worked up in a 6.5SS @ 3117 that will be going as a back up on a late mule deer hunt this year. And the 156 Berger Elite will be primary hunting load in another 6.5SS for that same hunt...if I can pry the 6.5SLR from my daughter's hands.

Alot of concern is placed on accuracy when it comes to a bullet but not much on the bullets effect on game or at least not written about. What is everyone's experience with let's say Berger 140 elite Hunter, Hornady 143 eldx, Nosler accubond LR on game animals?

I really like the bergers and both the eldm/eldx on game. I try to keep my shots behind the shoulder and it is always a quick, clean ethical kill.

I used 140vld, 129LRAB, 130 sirocco on several bull/cow elk, Barbary sheep, antelope, deer. From 650 to 75 yards. All have worked perfectly on game

I'm defiantly accuracy driven but I also want good performance from my bullets as well BUT shot placement has a lot to be said. You can have the most accurate rounds with best bullet performance shoot something in the guts and bye bye animal.
That being said 6.5 Sherman 140 vld took a lot of game from moose to elk to sheep etc with Great bullet performance from them.
I was disappointed I could not get accuracy I wanted in my new Sherman so I went with ELDX.
I cannot wait to get my hands on new PRC and run the 156 EOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.