6.5 BEANMORE

I'm curious about what velocities look like before and after converting a 6.5CM to a 6.5 Beanmore. 85gr HH for example...what is the expected fps gain?
Here is what Fordy said on page 15... good peacock round 🤣

85hh @3710 & grouped like this @100 just prior to leaving as I wanted a fast pill for the head shots as a shorter time of flight is valuable imo for better results prior to that I had @3400 load
665FAC6E-FA59-4346-8A96-3D20EB24760B.jpeg

Last edited:
Gday
Here's a few tinkered pills
The 65 gr beanmore solid &
the 65 gr beanmore head splatters 🤪

I've been playing with in the beanmore to get it over the 4k mark (4065or4165 is the ultimate goal 😜 )
Yet still preform adequately for intended purposes
FAC62CF7-43B9-4D94-8228-28748621F6F0.jpeg
839DF712-15F8-4818-AD48-E93E9F6ABC3B.jpeg

Only rough @ present to just confirm velocities then I'll cut them up more precisely to put in a few different species & others

Side note any recommendations on suitable powders & I only have hodogen powders here

On powders wouldn't it be cool if stabil 6.5 powder would work 🤣

Cheers

Here is what Fordy said on page 15... good peacock round 🤣

85hh @3710 & grouped like this @100 just prior to leaving as I wanted a fast pill for the head shots as a shorter time of flight is valuable imo for better results prior to that I had @3400 load
View attachment 534384
I read this Post too fast. Thought it said "Super Glue". Maybe a way to hold smaller bullets in place.

Gday hndldr
I don't know if ButterBean would think 6.5 Staball would be that great in the Beanmore. I may have heard him say once or twice that it has the perfect burn rate for starting fires.
we got him to shoot a 6.5 so the stabil 6.5 is the next one in line then 😜 as I'd hate to try & get a powder company on board to develop a powder especially with 65 in it
But anyone out there with contacts wouldn't it be cool to have a 6.5 beanmore powder for a 65 gr pill 😇😍
Cheers

Gday
Coyote shadow tracker
I read this Post too fast. Thought it said "Super Glue". Maybe a way to hold smaller bullets in place.
We would be glad to welcome you to the muppet club as we have a very accomplished list of people in that club that have history of doing things like that

No offence intended just having fun
Cheers

Gday people
I really need to share this from another forum

Gday
Actually I just looked up stabil 6.5

Oh my oh my how stupid of me 🤪
now I know why the big fella gave me this
C95D5A45-4946-48D9-8B4C-21291A49B67F.jpeg

Yes my spelling was atrocious as usual
As it is staball 6.5
Sorry brother I get it now 😇

But Get a load of this people 🤔
B9D36129-27AA-48A8-AD58-FEC11029EF4C.jpeg

I love this place

Cheers

Moving on in these times of hard to get components
I'm sure someone over there would have a little staball 6.5 to spare as it will only be for beans powder shelf as he won't yield

Hmmm I've heard those words before 🤔🤣🤣
Cheers
Edit was I inserted picture as didn't load from my cut & paste
Cheers

Gday
Coyote shadow tracker

We would be glad to welcome you to the muppet club as we have a very accomplished list of people in that club that have history of doing things like that

No offence intended just having fun

My post nothing to do with the Beanmore mor shooting. Is Kermit in the Club? Some Posts/picture in the past could give you a different meaning if you don't read properly and could be taken as a joke. My point was that I looked at "Super GL" (looked like Super glue) on the Shotgun Shell Box and didn't see that it was actually used as a target to show the group size of the bullet.
Thanks your a funny guy!
Len

Gday hndldr

we got him to shoot a 6.5 so the stabil 6.5 is the next one in line then 😜 as I'd hate to try & get a powder company on board to develop a powder especially with 65 in it
But anyone out there with contacts wouldn't it be cool to have a 6.5 beanmore powder for a 65 gr pill 😇😍
Cheers
Best I could do.....
1705862990055.png

What kind of velocity are you seeing?
We are seeing about 100 to 150 fps gain over the Creed. Lands it between the Creed and the PRC. We are going to TX next month and I will be using the BeanMore on a nilgai hunt. Up until now most of what we have done with the BeanMore has been in haste and really just to get a few bullets down the bore prior to have the barrel nitrided. Here in the next week or so I will be doing a full load development with the 125gr Hammer HHT and I will report back on my results. I am hoping that @ButterBean will start posting his results before I do. Bean has a bunch of the 80gr Hammer HHT to work with. That bullet with the very minimal 2 PDR drive band design has very little engraving pressure and shows incredible vel. We were running them in Ausie at 3850 fps (@fordy correct me if I'm wrong) with a mild load of Varget. We did not have time there to do proper load development, since we were denied at the last second a permit to bring our rifles. It was a scramble to get the bullets there and get Fordy's rifle zeroed with the bullets that we wanted to use. We threw together 3 loads with the 80gr HHT, 118gr HHT, and the 125gr HHT, all with mild loads of Varget. When we did barrel break in before nitride I ran several diff powders with the 125gr HHT. The slowest was with H4350 at 3040fps and the fastest were rl26 and H100v both at 3160 fps. I may have to hold my nose and shoot some heavy for cal lead core bullets to get you guys, that want to run those things, some data. LOL!

Also wanted to add to the rifle specs that it comes in at 6.5 lbs naked.

Gday people
I really need to share this from another forum

Gday
Actually I just looked up stabil 6.5

Oh my oh my how stupid of me 🤪
now I know why the big fella gave me this
View attachment 535206
Yes my spelling was atrocious as usual
As it is staball 6.5
Sorry brother I get it now 😇

But Get a load of this people 🤔
View attachment 535207

I love this place

Cheers

Moving on in these times of hard to get components
I'm sure someone over there would have a little staball 6.5 to spare as it will only be for beans powder shelf as he won't yield

Hmmm I've heard those words before 🤔🤣🤣
Cheers
Edit was I inserted picture as didn't load from my cut & paste
Cheers
Stabil or Staball makes no difference to me, you can put an Armani Suit and tie on a turd but when you get close to it still smells like crap ;)

Recent Posts