6.5 Addiction

Switchback2

Anyone have any experience with the 6.5 Addiction round?? I have a friend that shoots one and found alittle info but also wanted to ask on here if any of you guys have one or messed with one any??

Thanks

Yea it's parent case is a 6.5x55 and has a 37 degree shoulder, I know they pushing the 140s around the 3050-3100 mark pretty easy.. just wondering if anyone has played with them much. Thanks guys

Really... No more information out there than this? Tagging in trying to revive this thread. Can you shoot 140gn bullets out of a short action without stuffing the bullet way down sacrificing powder capacity?

Hoping to get more views and opinions on it.

Respectfully, this may be your answer. It has not achieved any noticeable popularity for some reason so information at a bare minimum. Had it broken new ground, achieved an amazing increase in velocity, never missed the bull's eye, etc. we might have paid attention. ;)

My experience indicates that the Addiction is very much like any of the other dozen variations on the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser case. So much alike in fact that there is really no reason for its existence other than being another variation. The 3 degree difference in the shoulder angle from the AI version will certainly not endear it many shooting when you add in the cost of custom dies in order to reload for it.

Good Luck on your quest!

A 6.5x55 Improved is real close in case capacity to a 6.5-284. I looked at doing a 6.5x55 AI once but upon further review it just didn't make a whole lot of sense when I could just go with the 6.5-284 and save myself the extra work of fireforming.

I agree with sable tireur the 6.5 Addiction round is a variations on the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser case It's a 30 degree shoulder read about it on sniperhide dont know if i could post links here.

Goodluck and be safe hunting.

I talked myself out of it due to Reamer price, Custom die price and time line to make them. I have a buddy that has one and loves it running the 140 Bergers at 3050. I just couldn't justifier the extra Cost and wait times to gain only 160 FPS over my Creedmoor.

No wait time on the 6.5 SS or SST if your smith is ready. You will gain another 200' over the addiction.......Rich
Rich what brass are these 2 made from? Main reason I was looking at the Addiction was Lapua brass

Last edited:
I think if I wanted to use 6.5 x 55 Swede cases I'd go to an Ackley Improved shoulder IF it would permit loading VLD bullets without putting it back into the case too far when making its COAL to fit a magazine.

But hey, that beautiful 6.5/284 cartridge has been calling to me for a few years now. (Barrel life be damned!)

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.