Gun addiction !!!

I have a number OF '7s - STWs, WSM and 7mm Rem mag. I've had good elk kills with all. I've found good accuracy was usually good with factory ammo. Even better accuracy with reloads. Good bullets and shot placement would make any of the sevens good elk gathers. Of course distance in my opinion favors the mag or STW.
I also have a number of thirties, the 300 WSM would however be my choice for quick short range timber hunts. Shot placement might not be in your favor and the larger frontal area of the .30 could mean a lot less tracking.

There I said it I'm addicted to hunting rifles

I'm thinking about adding another gun to my collection and the caliber I'm looking at is the 7wsm for hunting elk in the rainforest of the Oregon coast I'd really like some to here some real hunting experience with this caliber the gun I'm looking at is the tikka so how is the recoil (I refuse to own a gun with a muzzle break so 7mm caliber is about max for me in recoil )here's the list of guns I have on hand I might not even need this
260 Remington
6.5/06
270 wsm
7mm
45/70 (my timber/brush gun)
Brother addict, Lab Rat, so brave and courageous to admit to your addiction. Myself, I'm a self acknowledged Gunaholic attending weekly GA meetings.....as I type, currently on the road to recovery. Ooops, my bad, this is the road to my local gun shop to do another gun transfer. I'm not addicted. I can hide it. No adult supervision in my life. Buy on; be happy. :) :) :)

There I said it I'm addicted to hunting rifles

I'm thinking about adding another gun to my collection and the caliber I'm looking at is the 7wsm for hunting elk in the rainforest of the Oregon coast I'd really like some to here some real hunting experience with this caliber the gun I'm looking at is the tikka so how is the recoil (I refuse to own a gun with a muzzle break so 7mm caliber is about max for me in recoil )here's the list of guns I have on hand I might not even need this
260 Remington
6.5/06
270 wsm
7mm
45/70 (my timber/brush gun)
There are a lot worse things in this world to be addicted to!!

Brother addict, Lab Rat, so brave and courageous to admit to your addiction. Myself, I'm a self acknowledged Gunaholic attending weekly GA meetings.....as I type, currently on the road to recovery. Ooops, my bad, this is the road to my local gun shop to do another gun transfer. I'm not addicted. I can hide it. No adult supervision in my life. Buy on; be happy. :) :) :)
I used to have a real problem with buying Guns when I was younger.......but now I can afford them!

If getting into big magnums might as well throw in the 375 H&H. Shoot 260 gn bullets and recoil is right in there with the rest of them. Bonus is your equipped to kill just about anything.

I second this. I have a 7.5lb (all in, with scope and 4rnds) 375h&h with no muzzle break. And while it's no fun to shoot from a bench, it hunts great. Lots of stopping power, 270gr bullets tend to have very similar trajectory ro a 30-06, and the recoil, while high, is more of a shove than a hit. Very tolerable. Also, there's surprisingly little meat damage.

I actually planning on building a "pistol" in it.

Plus it's one of the only calibers that I've never seen out of stock anywhere I've looked for it, even right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.