6.5 156 EOL

Has anyone developed a load for both the 140 VLD and the 156 EOL? If you have, what was the difference in muzzle velocity?
2980 for my 140
only got the 156 to 2880 before bolt lift issues, primer was ok. going to try my other gun and see about speed.

Twister, How much different was your oal between the 156 and the 140? If I am measuring mine correctly, there is a large difference in how far out I can seat them in favor of the 156. Thank you

Twister, How much different was your oal between the 156 and the 140? If I am measuring mine correctly, there is a large difference in how far out I can seat them in favor of the 156. Thank you

i dint bother to measure oal. I don't have a problem with room i sent them off the lands .030 and went from there. I actually didn't compare them side by side but can later.

Any estimates on the .264 Win mag speeds ? That may be a real killer !
Got right to 3200 fps or so before any pressure signs, never got bolt lift increase, there was a node right at 3200 and another at 3070ish. After playing around some more, for this season it is going to stay at the 3070 node, as the federal brass was hardly holding primers (5th fireing) and I didn't want to push it this close to hunting season. The load has great e.s. and is very accurate. After season we are gonna get some ADG 7mm rem mag brass and explore the node around 3200 and likely get the rifles final load in that area. But with good ADG brass, 3200+ won't be an issue. This is using Retumbo.

Got right to 3200 fps or so before any pressure signs, never got bolt lift increase, there was a node right at 3200 and another at 3070ish. After playing around some more, for this season it is going to stay at the 3070 node, as the federal brass was hardly holding primers (5th fireing) and I didn't want to push it this close to hunting season. The load has great e.s. and is very accurate. After season we are gonna get some ADG 7mm rem mag brass and explore the node around 3200 and likely get the rifles final load in that area. But with good ADG brass, 3200+ won't be an issue. This is using Retumbo.
Wow !!
Do you have any N570 ?
If not I will bring some when I come out there

Wow !!
Do you have any N570 ?
If not I will bring some when I come out there
No, I have been looking for it for about 3 or 4 years and have never been able to find it out here....not sure if I should try any, it would be like getting a drug that I will never be able to get my fix on again ha ha!! Did you order yours online or get it shipped?

Have you tried RL33 ?

Just got back from the range helping a kid get his rifles ready for a pronghorn hunt he has coming up. After he was all set, I took a total of 3 shots with my 6.5SS pushing the 156 Elite over H1000 @ 3025fps. Only 53 total rounds down the barrel so far, so I am hoping it is still speeding up. But with results like this, not really sure if I care too much.

200 yards

Recent Posts