6.5 130 grain hunting bullet help

KTP

I've given up on finding 130 grain VLD hunting bullets (or 140's for that matter) for my 6.5 Creedmoor. What bullets are you using for hunting and long range shooting? I'd like to find a very good dual purpose bullet.
Thanks

I like barnes lrx and nosler etips. They are under 130 but being copper they are a great hunting bullet with awesome accuracy.

Why not give the 130gr Accubond a try, I prefer the 140gr Accubond in my 264WM, still yet to try the 130gr Accubond or new LRAB, saw my first box of these this week.

Cheers.
gun)

Go to Precision Ballistics LLC and check out their bullets. These are very accurate bullets and perform well on game.

What are you going to be hunting with it? I really like the 140 gr SST out of my 260 rem. Extremely accurate and dose a good job on game. The SST has a bad rep with cartridges that shoot 3000 fps or so. But I'm shooting around 2650ish with no problems.

I have been shooting the 130 Accubond in my 9 twist 264 Win mag for a few years now for deer and I really like it. Shoots flat like the ballistic tip and starts to open up like the ballistic tip but holds together like the partition and keeps on trucking through for an exit. I have killed a dozen plus, lost count, with this bullet and all deer have been DRT.

Killed a nice little bull the other day @ 950 with the 142 gr Matrix VLD out of my 6.5x47 Lapua. Only had 6 minutes of legal light left at the shot. I should say shots. First range using my Leica 10x42 HD-B's was 1020 but by the time I got set up he'd, unknowingly, moved in to 950 and I shot clean over his back. Ranged again, redialed to 20.75 moa, held 1/2 moa for a 3 mph full value wind and killed him, quartering to me. Used Rel 17 for a 2917 MV. Sorry, no pics; dark, cold and a bunch of work to get done. Bullet entered above and just in front of the right front shoulder, dropping down through his chest cavity. I did a gutless breakdown job, eliminating having to get too messy so I don't have much to report on what the bullet did.

Oh, and 2 years back, up in Montana, I killed a nice 3x4 mulie @ 500 with the 127 LRX from the same rifle. Then 3 months later, a very large late season cow elk at 450 yds.

Alan

Last edited:
Shot a 200lb boar (hog) this morning with a 140gr SST out my 260. Quartering on shot, broke the right shoulder and exited the rib cage on the other side. The pig just squeeled, and died right there. It's lungs were mush. Entrance hole was small, like usual, exit hole was the size of a half dollar.

Killed a nice little bull the other day @ 950 with the 142 gr Matrix VLD out of my 6.5x47 Lapua. Only had 6 minutes of legal light left at the shot. I should say shots. First range using my Leica 10x42 HD-B's was 1020 but by the time I got set up he'd, unknowingly, moved in to 950 and I shot clean over his back. Ranged again, redialed to 20.75 moa, held 1/2 moa for a 3 mph full value wind and killed him, quartering to me. Used Rel 17 for a 2917 MV. Sorry, no pics; dark, cold and a bunch of work to get done. Bullet entered above and just in front of the right front shoulder, dropping down through his chest cavity. I did a gutless breakdown job, eliminating having to get too messy so I don't have much to report on what the bullet did.

Oh, and 2 years back, up in Montana, I killed a nice 3x4 mulie @ 500 with the 127 LRX from the same rifle. Then 3 months later, a very large late season cow elk at 450 yds.

Alan
Nice shooting Alan! What is the approx bc for that bullet? What barrel length do you have? Is this a hot load?

Riley