5,000 fps coyote rifle?

I run a full case of Varget which is about 45 or 46gr of powder with the 35 and 40gr
bullets and got the speeds you are looking for, it is 10% over but I have always found published recipes from MFG are toned down probably due to them covering there collective @sses. Now I have AI versions and 5000fps is not an issue.

Dean

According to Accurate Reloading, my 26" 22-250AI will push a 35 grain Berger MEF 5106 fps over 48 grains of RL12. I have not tried it being quite content with 4300 fps with a 52 grain SMK over 47.1 grains of V140.

I have two of them one 12 and one 14 twist both 30" as far as accuracy I have never really measured them, all I can say is they shoot well beyond my capabilities. I am never really in a comfortable shooting position, either I am resting up against a tree or lying on the ground with a rock digging into my ribs. I am sure they would be well under 1/2 min and even 1/4 min if ever I decided to apply myself, you see going to a range does absolutely nothing for me I am always to worried and distracted by my surroundings to concentrate on getting a half decent grouping.

On the same note I can also use 264 WinMag and 7mm RemMag brass for this application, I can't load as hot but it still gets the job done.

Dean

Used to run a factory Rem VSSF II in .22-250 to 4400 FPS with the 36gr varmint grenades in my quest for a fur friendly bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.