4th Place at Campbell County Contest

Sendero_Man

Won 4th place at the 21st annual Campbell County predator hunt.

-18 degrees was brutal calling to say the least !

Did Team FOXPRO proud :)

Well, we got 5 called and shot..... Brutal temps to say the least....

IMG_25441.jpg

IMG_39363.jpg

Nice big mature dogs..

IMG_6954.jpg

Got this single at 286 yards

IMG_024014.JPG

This is the crowning achievement for the weekend !!
Shot this mangy thing at 763 yards with my GAP 6mm Crusader to win us the $100 check for mangy dog. Man it stunk

Spooky thing won't commit and finally decided to head opposite direction. He didn't get away ;)

IMG_5494_2_.jpg

****! That is one mangy dog right there! Congrats on the win, and the yotes.

-18 degrees....You're a better man than me. :D

Good dogs, great shots!! The mangy one looks like hell!!:D

Man, they call -18 degrees Wednesday around here. My Dodge's thermometer said that this morning when I lit it up to get the kids to school and me to work. I found out a few years ago that Dodge thermometers only go to -45... below that they show OC which I assume means out of calibration...

Last edited:
Congrats!

Whenever I see a mangy coyote in the winter I consider putting them down to be a true kindness. Man what a way to suffer.

Most people seem not to understand what a truly cruel bitch Mother Nature can be. There are no hospitals, retirement homes, or anywhere to go and buy a coat for a wild animal. The only natural end for the wild animals is death by accident, disease, predation, starvation, or some combination of the above.

I was just talking to Shawn Terry about the hunt (I believe they came in right above you guys). Sounds like a pretty good hunt all around, lots of movement from what I've been told.

700+ is a dang good poke on an iddy biddy 'yote with a frozen trigger finger & the cold weather shakes :D

Thanks for posting.

t

Awesome job and great shooting! I sure miss that country sometimes. Also, it doesn't look like those Amax are tearing them up to bad-are the typical results golf ball sized holes, or bigger?

I drove through Buffalo last summer from Cody to Custer S.D. I was thinking about how this place looks like it could get snowed in. I'm just a lowly .243 man!

Buffalo389_zpsb04e0642.jpg

Passsign350_zps7a97d4a0.jpg

Mountain12800_zps7245e735.jpg

I had to get over and help get rid of Prarrie Dogs

Buffalo392_zpsa05d0a83.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts