375 Warlord reamer is unlocked

What about the case capacity of the Mercenary? Is it greater than the Warlord? What is the rim diameter of the Mercenary?

The 375 Mercenary has more case capacity, shorter case length, no belt, larger body diameter and will be more efficient and produce higher velocities with all bullet weights, especially the heavier high bc bullets, rim diameter is the same as the Warlord and CheyTacs ... Installing a CT contour 34" Rock Creek 8R 7.5 Twist barrel in a Stiller action and take off from there

The 375 Mercenary has more case capacity, shorter case length, no belt, larger body diameter and will be more efficient and produce higher velocities with all bullet weights, especially the heavier high bc bullets, rim diameter is the same as the Warlord and CheyTacs ... Installing a CT contour 34" Rock Creek 8R 7.5 Twist barrel in a Stiller action and take off from there

Sometimes, a meme has better communication that my own words. With that in mind...

Attachments

• IMG_4989.JPG
    IMG_4989.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 217
I have posted Quick Design drawings and the reamer print so guys interested in building the 375 Warlord can send those to Whidden Gunworks to have case forming and reloading dies made when they want, at their financial pace ....... that is the way I have all my dies made for my wildcats, It is a very simple process and the only takes 8-10 weeks to have case forming and reloading dies made, direct from the die manufacturer with no shop

I emailed the print to Whidden and asked them to make some dies for me. They told me the case was too long, and they are unable to supply dies because of the size.

I emailed the print to Whidden and asked them to make some dies for me. They told me the case was too long, and they are unable to supply dies because of the size.

I'll assume they "meant" they don't have and won't produce the needed die blanks to work with. Suggest you contact Newlon (Newlon Precision). While they do not list CT (and larger) size blanks on their website, they have done them before and may be willing to do so for you. If they will make the blanks for you, you can then reengage with Whidden or order a resize reamer and have your smith build a die set from the Newlon blanks. Good luck.

WK emailed me this info, I told him I'll check tomorrow and find

a place to make dies,and how quick, and they only have to be as big a diameter as my 585HE dies

which are 1" X 14, and they work fine, and save 80-100 bucks compared

to 1.5" dies. Whidden made stuff for Pro but he never had cases that I've seen

listed that needed BMG size dies, The Warlord and 585HE dies are real long is all. ED

a place to make dies,and how quick, and they only have to be as big a diameter as my 585HE dies

listed that needed BMG size dies, The Warlord and 585HE dies are real long is all. ED

That would definitely be very helpful. However, 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" would fit in my RCBS AMMOMASTER press better.
I have an email into Bertram to see about 375 Cheytac long brass, as they do not list it on their site that I could find.

That would definitely be very helpful. However, 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" would fit in my RCBS AMMOMASTER press better.
I have an email into Bertram to see about 375 Cheytac long brass, as they do not list it on their site that I could find.

I'll have to make or buy a 1 1/2-12 to 1-14 adapter for my Ammomaster.

CH4D has all bushings in stock, I have ammomaster and bigger that are 1 .5" and

just put in bushings, I can do from 1.5" down to 1.25", down to 1" , down to 7/8"

I can do other Classic presses with 1.25" down to the others,,

I had 1,5" dies made for real big stuff, 8bore, 700HE, and 2" for 4bore., so

much cheaper to buy bushings.Ed

It has been awhile since I loaded my 338 Big Baer. Will have to double check my thread dia and pitch again.

Whidden does 50 BMG dies...it's an extra $50 per die body.

What is the case capacity of the Mercenary cartridge?

Is it based on the case from that guy in New Zealand who wants to develop a long range military round?

Hard to get good info on that.

If some guys are expecting to make 375 Warlord dies in 7/8" or 1" it's not going to happen at Whidden, or anywhere else ..... all my Whidden dies are either 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" ..... the Warlord will need to be made on the 50 BMG 1 1/2" blanks which are $50 more per die, not a big deal, these guys need to realize that the 375 Warlord is a "wildcat" and case forming and reloading dies are custom made by request and will cost more .... plus their usual Rock Chucker and similar reloading press is out of the question, they need to spend some coin on a press such as the RCBS Ammomaster 2 to reload the 375 Warlord, the 1 1/2" dies screw directly into the press and you can get press top bushing conversions from CH4D for all other dies from 1 1/4", 1" to 7/8" , see link ..... https://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/ptb

you have to use non-standard dies and presses, their is no other option, the 375 Warlord case is 3.3" in length and coupled with the long high bc 375 cal bullets it is up to 5" in total cartridge length, absolutely must use 50 BMG die bodies ......

need to understand the fact that it is a wildcat cartridge and formed/headstamped brass does not exist and needs to be formed from 585 HE brass, need to order case forming dies when you order reloading dies, formed brass is not and will not be available...... Bruce Bertram is not going to be making 375 Warlord brass, unless someone is willing to cough up $44 thousand dollars and order the 10 thousand min pcs he demands for custom made brass, if they do they will still need to have my authorization as the 375 Warlord is my wildcat cartridge, I may have allowed reamers to be made for the public but the design and name of cartridge is trademarked and belongs to me and no one else ....

Ed Hubel has 585 HE brass available to form the 375 Warlord out of , JGS, Manson and PT&G make the reamers , beyond that .... dies are custom orders from whoever you choose to make them for you, you WILL need case forming dies to make the cases then fireform in your chamber then a set of reloading dies to load, shoot and reload ..... treat it same as you would any other wildcat cartridge but understand that it is a much larger cartridge and requires larger equipment to handle it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 156
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.