375 ultra mag

Do you know how to modify the lips or is there a video showing how?
On what? The cfe-9 or the aics mag?

Cfe9 has a video on the wyatts web page - but you just tap them with a mallet, the aics mags work with um but you have to mill/machine the ribs off so the longer shoulders will fit as they are designed for the 338 lap shorter shoulders

Does anyone make a detachable magazine long enough to feed this beast? I see accurate mag has a 3.850" mag, but I was wanting to know if anyone made a 4"? I know Wyatt's makes an internal mag that's 4.0" but I really would prefer detachable
Unknown Munitions makes a detachable mag that is 3.950". It uses its own M5 bottom metal. They sell the bottom metal and the magazines on their website. I'm gonna be trying one on my 375 RUM build.

Since I haven't installed it yet on the build I'm not completely sure. I think it's supposed to be 3.950" internal; guess I need to measure it. When I get home after lunch today I will measure the internal length of the magazine and let you know.
The website says internal. What action are you gonna run that with? Will a regular Remington 700 action be okay?

The website says internal. What action are you gonna run that with? Will a regular Remington 700 action be okay?
I will be building mine based off a Bergara Premier series action and a Grayboe Ridgeback model stock, 30" Heavy Palma Bartlein 5R 10 twist barrel. Your stock will have to be cut out to fit M5 bottom metal and I'm pretty sure that there will be an area inside the action that will also have to be milled out just a little bit, more than likely, to run that long of a magazine box. The bolt stop might also have to be modified a little bit too, so to allow the bolt to travel back far enough for it to be able to contact the cartridges in the magazine for proper feeding.

Last edited:
The long mags usually require machining of the bottom of the receiver, the bolt stop, and 1/2" off the ejection port (if you want to eject loaded rounds)

The confusing part to me is that it's hard to decipher what "cut" you need for the stock -- r700, m5, obendorf, obendorf m5, obendorf xl, stiller, etc

The long mags usually require machining of the bottom of the receiver, the bolt stop, and 1/2" off the ejection port (if you want to eject loaded rounds)

The confusing part to me is that it's hard to decipher what "cut" you need for the stock -- r700, m5, obendorf, obendorf m5, obendorf xl, stiller, etc
That's also confusing to me as well. Defensive edge is going to build mine so before I order a stock I'll be consulting them