375 Allen Mag vs these cartridges

If you end up doing a .458 off that case let me know ill be interested in splitting costs with you. As you know I'm a socom guy also and think a big *** .458 would be cool.

The .458 looks limited for high B.C bullets.Could you imagine sending a 530gr bullet from Lehigh with a .830bc at 3200+FPS.

This is how cool **** is born. Starts with a question ends in how cool would this be. Lol very cool.
As for you quest for a big gun. Answer is .375 or .338 Allen mag. I'm having one built right now. Will be done this summer. I just received and email back from Kirby on which one he prefers. It boils down to which one you want really. Both are great and allay identical in ballistic flight. The .375 hits a bit harder but is limited in bullets like one bullet smk. Now that many change by the time your build rolls around. Word is Berger may be making a high bc .375. So long of the short I just got done with my ultimate long range rig and looked at everything. Started with the twisted pig. 505 down to 338. But realized the performance was only at AM levels.

So long of the short I just got done with my ultimate long range rig and looked at everything. Started with the twisted pig. 505 down to 338. But realized the performance was only at AM levels.

Can you give some more info on your completed build please, pics of rifle and cartridges, (parent cases and fireformed) which 505 parent case did you use for forming the 338 Twisted Pig ?

OSOH. Keep us updated how you do. I m particularly interested in your 375 Snipetac.

In my experience with both the 375 Snipetac and 375 AM, both have virtues. My snipetac is 12 twist which is probably too slow but it very accurate to 1200 or so. I ve grouped 2.5" at 1000yd. Its My favorite carry LRH rifle. The AM is heavier and I shoot it always prone but best was 6 shots into 12" at 2200 yds. 10 twist and 3300 fps. Stable over a longer distance. Dave has stopped building but is finishing off a 416 based on 585 brass for me and I ll be getting my 338AM any day. Fun comparisons for the summer I hope.

Can you give some more info on your completed build please, pics of rifle and cartridges, (parent cases and fireformed) which 505 parent case did you use for forming the 338 Twisted Pig ?

Sorry I was in a hurry posting. I did not build a twisted pig. I was looking at it. Pig man had one made and it was impressive but the more I researched it, it didn't have any real advantage over the AM so I went that route. I should have the AM by the end of summer.

500 Jeffery's case. Pro has some wildcats based on the same case. His wildcat forum has a to go great info. I know one thing powder manufacturers will need to make slower burning powder for everyone.

Does anyone know who builds the 8mm vampire and 300 werewolf and what is the price?

Thanks.

Those are my personal wildcats that my local smith is building for me, ALL gun parts are acquired and supplied by me and that includes the reamers and gauges, the smith puts it all together for me

There is no gunsmith I'm aware of that offers them as an in house option, you would have to contact Pacific Tool & Gauge and order your own set of reamer/gauges and supply them to the smith you want to use.....

Price ? ... depends on what a smith charges and your chosen parts , you can spend up to $10 k on a complete build if you want

CA48

To answer your question, my shooting partner and I went with the 375 Snipe Tac and the 375VM2 with the mindset of having an extremely accurate long range caliber. We have both shot the 338LM for years at the extended ranges and wanted to push to the next level. We focus more so on the challenge in long range accuracy then who has a bigger gun.

The 375 Snipe Tac, we chambered and built ourselves - 32" 9 twist
We finished it late fall 2015
We ran the 350 SMK up to 3200 fps with good accuracy, and we also are running the GS414s at 2850 fps in which the accuracy has been floating in the 1/3 to 1/4 moa at 600 yards. Both are conservative loads without any pressure signs.

I know 600 yards is not much but at least it's good enough for load development, then this spring we can stretch things out to 2400 yards again.

The 375VM2 was built by Dave Viers and as stated he has retired from building rifles. This rifle being a 36" 9 twist and his Viersco Action {not a Barker or Lawton} is a very well put together and balanced rifle. We are looking foward to getting this out at to 2400 this spring as well.

This rifle was chambered for running the GS414s at 3400fps +/-
I do have a 36" 16-8 gain twist to run as well someday as well.

I'm looking forward to shooting and testing more with the 375VM2 when the weather and my work schedule allows here soon.

Cheers

Osoh, thanks for sharing the details and glad the accuracy has been there with the 414gr. I look forward to your results in the fall, good luck.

CEB has some big .375s projectiles with g1 bc's over 1 in case you didn't know already know. They are worth trying if your bore dimensions will allow it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.