375 ultra mag

Barrel length and velocity?
With a 31 inch barrel I'm at 3130 FPS with Reloder 16 and a 270 grain bullet

I'm not trying to marginalize your ballistics …..but that seems pretty tame!

I'm running 270 LRX's from my AI (substantially less case capacity) with a 24" barrel……developed in temperatures above 90 F to 3100 mv. Admittedly, this is on the edge of too warm…..but appears to be safe!

If you're interested in more velocity, you may consider a slower powder…..you should have plenty of case capacity! I'm pretty sure than something with a burn rate approximating RL 19….should give substantially higher velocities. You may even try something along the burn rates of RL 22…..though it may require quite a bit on powder compression!

Just answering a question that I wasn't asked! I hope that I didn't offend. mem

I'm not trying to marginalize your ballistics …..but that seems pretty tame!

I'm running 270 LRX's from my AI (substantially less case capacity) with a 24" barrel……developed in temperatures above 90 F to 3100 mv. Admittedly, this is on the edge of too warm…..but appears to be safe!

If you're interested in more velocity, you may consider a slower powder…..you should have plenty of case capacity! I'm pretty sure than something with a burn rate approximating RL 19….should give substantially higher velocities. You may even try something along the burn rates of RL 22…..though it may require quite a bit on powder compression!

Just answering a question that I wasn't asked! I hope that I didn't offend. mem
You are right!
It is a very low pressure load. But it had an accuracy node there, About two years ago.
I've always wanted to try to push it a little bit more, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've tried some of the badlands 265s, because of the better BC. But I can't get them to shoot very well. Because the reamer I had made as .300"freebore…. I think the bullet jump is too far for the badlands.

Hat off to you all for carrying the banner on the 375 RUM.
Is there a consensus yet in brass? Bertram or ADG considering availability and overall performance/ longevity?

In regards to the 375 260 grain Noslers…
Are many of the Nosler bullets (all calibers) being used for pre-loaded ammo, instead of being sold for reloading purposes?

I've got 2 375 RUM, both 26" tubes. A Montana rifle co. and a Remington with Lilja bbl small custom muzzle brake, bedded in a HS Precision stock….
I've been playing with the 250 grain Sierra spritzer over 101 grain H-4831…it is an excellent, accurate bullet under 1/2" at 100 yards. Only kills have been a chocolate bear and a coyote at 200 yards on the run.

Attachments

• 5E99B53D-1B97-4A27-BA88-0CA395AC6D40.jpeg
    5E99B53D-1B97-4A27-BA88-0CA395AC6D40.jpeg
    417.7 KB · Views: 25
I've got 2 375 RUM, both 26" tubes. A Montana rifle co. and a Remington with Lilja bbl small custom muzzle brake, bedded in a HS Precision stock….
I've been playing with the 250 grain Sierra spritzer over 101 grain H-4831…it is an excellent, accurate bullet under 1/2" at 100 yards. Only kills have been a chocolate bear and a coyote at 200 yards on the run.
Bearman375, what are your velocities with the 250 Sierra's?
Ever tried Reloder 16 in your 375 RUM? In mine, it just keeps building speed...with no pressure spikes.
Find a comfy node, set the cruise control...accurate as heck