375 ultra mag

5% of 2800 fps is 140. People wildcat for less, I honestly think I'd do it.
I did do it when I came up with the 375 BME, and wouldn't do it again.

The XC is an easier option now. No fireforming, quality brass and dies, the same or better performance with lower pressures, and more support/information available.

If you're starting from scratch, the additional cost of a larger case like the XC won't be very significant. A wildcat off the RUM case makes sense if your trying to use an action you already have on hand though.

I did do it when I came up with the 375 BME, and wouldn't do it again.

The XC is an easier option now. No fireforming, quality brass and dies, the same or better performance with lower pressures, and more support/information available.

If you're starting from scratch, the additional cost of a larger case like the XC won't be very significant. A wildcat off the RUM case makes sense if your trying to use an action you already have on hand though.
Ya If I didn't already have the action and stock I would for sure go to the XC

So, a little twist in the 375 RUM saga. For whatever reason the Badlands were pretty hard to keep in tune for me and I figured I'd try the 390gr A-tips…well this barrel shoots them pretty dang fast and seems to like them alright. I'll load a few more and make sure it's not luck but 105.5gr of N570 sends them at 2825fps and shot just under 1/2 MOA at 525 yards. 106/106.5 went 2844/2847fps but my guess is brass life will be short…though I'm still going to shoot 106.2 and see if it's better than 105.5gr. Lol.

More to come

9C5FF356-68AD-4ABC-AD02-D3FFEDAF4C2D.jpeg
9DC75116-F9A6-451E-8FF7-A27931EDA448.jpeg

Frick. I almost had my self talked back into 338 edge. I really think this seals the deal to do a 375. I wonder how much more velocity is to be had with 2" longer barrel.

No idea. I wonder that myself. The 338 Edge is certainly more mainstream/proven. I'm in pretty uncharted territory. Haha. That said, this thing seems pretty incredible, especially considering that the Cheytac guys are shooting them at 2920 or so. This thing is also wayyyyy cheaper to get into and quite a bit cheaper to shoot/reload. I can't wait to take it out to 2000 yards here soon.

Frick. I almost had my self talked back into 338 edge. I really think this seals the deal to do a 375. I wonder how much more velocity is to be had with 2" longer barrel.
If you're thinking for a dedicated LR/ELR rifle that you're not going to hump around this definitely could be it. No question. For something that you could build and comfortably shoot that's hunting weight the 338 Edge might be better, just due to recoil. I just weighed my setup and it weighs 27lbs 7oz. The barrel alone weighs 10lbs. I also add a pint size gamechanger (can attach it to my Arca rail) which weighs 6 1/2lbs. While the brake I have on it works excellent, and in its current configuration pretty much anyone could probably shoot as many rounds as they wanted through it, if you were to build something that weighed 1/2 as much that might not be the case.

If you're thinking for a dedicated LR/ELR rifle that you're not going to hump around this definitely could be it. No question. For something that you could build and comfortably shoot that's hunting weight the 338 Edge might be better, just due to recoil. I just weighed my setup and it weighs 27lbs 7oz. The barrel alone weighs 10lbs. I also add a pint size gamechanger (can attach it to my Arca rail) which weighs 6 1/2lbs. While the brake I have on it works excellent, and in its current configuration pretty much anyone could probably shoot as many rounds as they wanted through it, if you were to build something that weighed 1/2 as much that might not be the case.
Definitely a dedicated LR/ELR rifle, the rifle already stays home for anything inside of 1000. Is 27lbs with or with out the bag? I think my rifle weighs 20 now. I'm looking to add a bit of weight, getting a custom heavy arca rail and bag rider made.

The benefit with those A-tips is they are relatively available up here in Canada. It's a bit of a chore to get any of the mono's.

338edge and 375 rum are basically the same recoil. A few ft lbs either way depending on bullet.

Good workup with the 390. Mine didnt spin them fast enough so I'm back with the 350smk for now. What do you mean by uncharted territory? Theres plenty of us on here shooting 375rum. We get the upturned noses more than we should, but now that theres so many good 375 bullets out, its definitely been proven to be a fantastic long range gun. I've been to 1200yards with mine and the rifle isnt even breaking a sweat. Mine weighs 14lb in the bench stock, 10.5 in the walnut hunting stock. Recoil is Maybe 300mag level with the brake

Uncharted in the sense that there's no data on pretty much anything heavier than 350gr and very little data with anything like H1000 or slower.

so I'm thinking of moving to a 375 rum to shoot mile+ I don't know a hell of a lot about the cartridge am I pushing **** up hill or can it be done with the right projectile combo etc

Cheers
Lucas
If you like getting kicked by a mule you'll love the .375 Rum 🤣

Yes it will get you to a mile but for that matter so will a 300 or 338 Rum.

You won't have a lot of gas left behind a 300 at that range but it'll still punch a hole in paper or make the gong go "ding".

I shot the .375 Rum for several years, it's great for what it is, but it's punshishing unless you've got a very heavy rig with a really good brake or suppressor on it.

There's a reason you can find a lot of barely used .375 Rum's at bargain prices if you shop around.