375 ultra mag

I have been shooting a .375 Rum for long range for a couple of years now... I set mine up with a Pacnor 1-10 twist and shoot the Lehigh , Sierra mk and Cutting edge bullets in the 338, 350 and 352 weights and am very happy with it. Its my poor mans Cheytac it really hits with authority on the steel. The rifle is built on a Savage PTA action. I have had it out past a mile with ease... no issue. Build one and enjoy. Only issue is you cannot eject a live round with out pulling the bolt but its a trade off I can live with and its very very accurate.

Last edited:
I have been shooting a .375 Rum for long range for a couple of years now... I set mine up with a Pacnor 1-10 twist and shoot the Lehigh , Sierra mk and Cutting edge bullets in the 338, 350 and 352 weights and am very happy with it. Its my poor mans Cheytac it really hits with authority on the steel. The rifle is built on a Savage PTA action. I have had it out past a mile with ease... no issue. Build one and enjoy. Only issue is you cannot eject a live round with pulling the bolt but its a trade off I can live with and its very very accurate.
What length barrel and what velocities are you seeing with the 350 grain bullets? I plan to take mine to a mile, maybe more if given the chance!

What length barrel and what velocities are you seeing with the 350 grain bullets? I plan to take mine to a mile, maybe more if given the chance!
I have a 32 inch barrel on mine, velocities are above 2800 with the cutting edge projectile. I am getting ready to shoot the Lehigh flash tips just waiting on a new brake. I am switching from a Vias to a area 419 sidewinder because even at 16 pounds that beast comes back hard. I think i can reach 2900 plus with the Lehighs.

I have a 32 inch barrel on mine, velocities are above 2800 with the cutting edge projectile. I am getting ready to shoot the Lehigh flash tips just waiting on a new brake. I am switching from a Vias to a area 419 sidewinder because even at 16 pounds that beast comes back hard. I think i can reach 2900 plus with the Lehighs.
How much of a difference in recoil are you expecting to see?

Do you run a big brake on it?
upload_2019-10-1_21-23-53.jpeg

upload_2019-10-1_21-24-27.jpeg

thats a 7mm-08 beside it with 140 nosler BT