375 RUM Build

I just worry that using them in my regular RUM case they won't be able to be pushed fast enough to take advantage of that super good BC. Although I am going with either a 28" or a 30" tube

Lengthen the freebore and you'll see a significant increase in usable case capacity, even in the standard RUM case.

Aw fellas???

ADG has LOTS of 375 RUM in stock. Plenty to go around.

I can tell you how much to lengthen the 378 Weatherby :D;)

I got lucky and have some of the ADG brass showing up tomorrow. It really is amazing how versatile this cartridge is.

I still have a Bartlein 9 twist 28" Sendero contour 375 barrel sitting in my gun room waiting to build a long throated 375 RUM...I ended up allocating my Stiller action for another project so that one will be on hold for a bit.

I am expecting completion of one any day now on an M70 in 375 RUM built more for dangerous game that is throated for the 350gr TSX bullet. Going to start load development in a few weeks and based on Quickload it looks like RL26 and N560 will be great for velocity. While 26 is pretty non existent I do have a few pounds of N560.

I just seen the brass and said what the heck ! I was going to neck it down for one of my 338 Edges..but now I'm going to build a new shooter ! Lol
ADG sent me a note saying the 338 Edge will be ready next month !

I think I'm going to BAN my self from this Forum ..its costing me way to much !! Ha ha

Rum Man

What length free bore?
Here's a copy of my 375 BME reamer print. It's set up for the 350gr SMK to be seated at the neck shoulder junction and used in a single shot. This freebore won't work on standard 375 RUM just because I pushed the shoulder forward on my design to gain case capacity. The neck on the 375 BME is VERY short if I use 375 RUM brass, so I form my cases from Norma 404 Jeffery brass.
3Yjt7nY.jpg

I got lucky and have some of the ADG brass showing up tomorrow. It really is amazing how versatile this cartridge is.

I don't think folks give the 375s enough credit as LR shooters. A 375 RUM with any of the 300gr BT bullets is a great cross canyon elk rifle. Heck, I practice with my 375 Ruger at 550 yards shooting 300gr Partitions just for fun. The 375s are just like a Creedmoor, but with a little more recoil! LOL

Last edited:
Good luck! I said that exact thing...5 rifles ago:D

Too many good people sharing too much great information. Spending money is a part of life. I enjoy this part of my life, so I choose to spend my money doing this.
I feel the same ..it just made me feel good for the moment!

I couldnt stand being banned from here .
It would give me Gun Depression...wait is that real ??
Anyway I injoy the sales and I really injoy the members ! I have learned so much from all of you guys !!
Ok back to buying stuff !!

Rum Man

I agree Yorke-1, these 375's have a ton of potential if you're willing to put in some effort and find a good load to use! I see no reason these guns can't be long range elk cannons