375 RUM AI Build

Corey James

Yes, I know I could choose Deviant Tactical or Deviant Hunter. I have built many but for me I am building a heavy duty 29" Monster in .375 RUM AI on the REM 700 Ultra Magnum Action for this time around with a 338 CIP Magazine at 3.850" for taking advantage of longer CEB Bullets (some of them) and the Sierra offerings. I have worked up a lot of loads and tested at 25, 27 and 28" and I am going with 29" and a very high speed twist of 1:9.4" in the .375 Caliber vs. 1:12"

So, given that here are the Specifications: Build by: area318.com

Action: REM 700 RUM blueprinted (fluted bolt and upgraded bolt handle), M16 Sako Extractor
Geisselle 2 Stage Trigger at 1.1 lbs.
Barrel: 29" Benchmark M24 Contour Barrel (Spiral Flutes) with #4 Terminator Brake
BUGNUT Barrel cut for REMAGE Threaded Barrel - Yes, a Switch-barrel as I have this already in 338-340 (modified 340 Wby Mag).
Stock: Manners T4A in Swamp Camo 14.25 LOP
Mini-Chassis v. full bed with 3.850" CIP Magazine Chassis and AI Mags.
8-40" screws for Seekins Precision 20 MOA Base
Seekins Precision Rings
Optics: March, Schmidt-Bender PM II or Leupold 5HD

Not making for a "cheap" ELR rather a LR/ELR Hunter and weight is NOT an issue with me nor is the length as I have fixed stands and horseback so weight of a Long Range Hunting Rifle is of very little concern to me.

I do however want suggestions for optics given this build because this seems to be my hold up as I really cannot decide. What I do know is that this is not a Safari short 22 or 24" Dangerous Game Gun now given the horsepower I put behind the build so premium long range optics suggestions are open to discussion.

The build is 75% complete.

Thank you all!

CBJ

Here are the specific optics I am considering:

S-B PM II 5-45x
Leupold 5HD - 3.6-18x
TRACT PRS 4-20 x 50mm
March Optics (have not decided on power yet) - again this will be more of a LR/ELR Hunter Rig not full blow competition however I will be shooting it 1,000 to 1,700 y

Oh I know the $$$$$

But I have used all these optics with success.... I am asking for alternative opinions beside myself.

Any help in deciding is appreciated.

If others I should consider please offer up opinions.

If you can afford an S&B, why would you even consider a Leupold or Tract?

Then SB it is but high power is not required with great optics like SB. I may consider the lower powered SBs.

See you are helping already! And my 5HDs are not junk I use many in ELR as well as NF but SB is hard to beat.

Do you have any experience with Kahles? They any good? Compared to lower powered SB???

Then SB it is but high power is not required with great optics like SB. I may consider the lower powered SBs.

See you are helping already! And my 5HDs are not junk I use many in ELR as well as NF but SB is hard to beat.

Do you have any experience with Kahles? They any good? Compared to lower powered SB???

If you can afford an S&B, why would you even consider a Leupold or Tract?

Thinking this one

5-25x56 34mm Tube PM II PSR Riflescope, Limited Edition 677-946-532-B2-A8B27, Color: Pantone 7504M, Tube Diameter: 34 mm

Over the 5-45x half the cost cant see x45 being a benefit over x25 in the $3,200 SB.

Not for under 1,700 y shooting but asking any advantage you see other than power?

I have great eyes so more power I dont think will help as I am not going to do any 2 mile shoots with this little 375 RUM AI

7D847431-BFAC-472A-ADD0-EA17F6AAFC00.png
Corey

Just throwing this out there, I didn't see it in your build plan. You may want to consider a 40 or 50 moa picatinny rail when mounting the scope of your choice to gain as much travel ability possible or at least use a bunch of travel that would otherwise be wasted. The picture is just an example- in this case a 80 moa used on a 375 Snipetac.

Iamosoh

Optics I am looking at have 70 to 100 MOA Elevation so a 20 MOA should be sufficient.

375 RUM AI too anemic for 2 mile shoots so this build is a fixed station Safari Style Hinting Rig vs. ELR weapon. If I was building a 2 mile weapon the gun alone would cost $15,000 minimum and I would choose the .416 B, 33XC or 37 XC. 338 Lapua and 375 Lapua even dont cut the need for plus 2 Mile Club any more.

I am no longer going to compete beyond 1,000y so I feel this small 375 AI will still let me do that cost effectively but have one nice ELR Hunting Rig.

Think I am going Kahles Optics 5-25x56mm on this build.

May use a 30 MOA on a Spuhr Scope Mounting Solution

Thx for ideas!

Recent Posts