375 RUM AI Build

My *** DM and Coach bitches about Manners Stocks, Schmidt-Bender, NightForce he thinks only Tangent Theta and McMillian rule....

Sorry that is his opinion and not a fact just because he is my instructor and a 30 year Marine Veteran.

I go with what feels better to me! A Weapon should fit the person. Period! ... that includes what I perceive good optics to be.

I am sure as a MSS he used Leupold and not Tangent Theta while in the service.

It is not an issue if money I really do not see value of Tangent Theta over Kahles or Schmidt-Bender

Schmidt Bender is not low quality compared to this optic and my ELR Coach and DM says mildot in the Schmidt-Bender is obsolete since 1998. I call BS!

Mildots are not obsolete. They were designed to be used in applications where shots had to hit center body mass at ranges inside 1000 yards for the most part. They will still do that all day long. However, there are newer systems (which borrow greatly from the general idea of the mildot reticle) that are more precise.

If I needed a "sniper" rifle, and I could pick up a .308 bolt gun with a high quality fixed 10X scope with a mildot reticle, I would feel pretty confident that I could hit center of bad guy out to seven or eight hundred yards all day long.

Mildots are not obsolete. They were designed to be used in applications where shots had to hit center body mass at ranges inside 1000 yards for the most part. They will still do that all day long. However, there are newer systems (which borrow greatly from the general idea of the mildot reticle) that are more precise.

If I needed a "sniper" rifle, and I could pick up a .308 bolt gun with a high quality fixed 10X scope with a mildot reticle, I would feel pretty confident that I could hit center of bad guy out to seven or eight hundred yards all day long.

Totally agree...

View attachment 157533 Corey

Just throwing this out there, I didn't see it in your build plan. You may want to consider a 40 or 50 moa picatinny rail when mounting the scope of your choice to gain as much travel ability possible or at least use a bunch of travel that would otherwise be wasted. The picture is just an example- in this case a 80 moa used on a 375 Snipetac.

Iamosoh
Done with my build and she runs! https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4gbh15k3iCKHtvd8