.375 cheytac build under 16lbs

Randy,
As I wrote earlier:
The recoil with a good brake is not as bad as you think, more a little shove. Remove the brake and put my suppressor on and it will get your attention, as in quite a bit worse.
My .408 with the same scenario was quite substantial in recoil.

Last edited:
Have watched this topic with interest. I would not want to shoot one that light unless on a tripod or bench. I shoot a 26 lb. Beast-2 now in a wildcat .408 configuration shooting 421 g solids at 3030 or a little higher. I cannot imagine it used as a spotter. Watch for cuts around the eyes and eyebrows!
Sporter not spotter!

So I weighed my Cheytac with a bipod. It was 15.9 lbs on a usps scale. With a T5 Terminator the rifle recoils less than 1/2 of a 7 rem mag with a can on it.

My 375 cheytac weighs an honest 13.5 lbs. I wouldn't put a child behind it but I've had lots of adults shoot it and all of them are surprised how little it kicks

A sub 16 pound cheytac is on my very short list. They're simply amazing
You know I love my 375 cheytac I really do and being I got everything for it I'll continue running it but honestly I'm pretty impressed by the 33xc/338 hcm. I have a friend who has one and it's very impressive. Burns less powder and cheaper bullets. Drops less idk I've been impressed by it

have you looked at defensive edge's 375 terminator in the lrkm platform? Seems like that would fit the bill seeing as he is from idaho and built that platform for the specific situation you are in.

Don't know if I've already chimed in ....

On my 375 AM I hollowed the A-5 stock and removed any unnecessary metal from various areas of the Bat action and pic rail and replaced the NXS with the much lighter Leuy LRT plus removed one of the 4 NF rings and am at 15.98 lbs empty w/o bipod.

Rigged the bipod so it is "unattached".

With the big Painkiller brake she's a dream to shot and even I can maintain Kirby's accuracy at all distances.

Bravo4, tried 8133 yet?

Not in the .375, RL50 & RL33 have been great. I have some RL26 to try with lighter 325 grain Chinchagas to see if I can get the velocity up entropy make running them worth it over their heavier siblings. I have some 8133, maybe try it with some MatchKings.

Bravo 4, thanks for the response.

I'm still using the initial Bertram cases that came when she was built.

RL33 over pressured to before a velocity of 50BMG, RL50 and US 869 could be reached with 390 class Hammers. RL50 is the leader.

Us869 May have a chance with the 411s. RL50 moves them along at 3025 well under any case pressure problems.

I should spring for some Peterson brass but I'm kind of a cheap sucker and I can't see dumping 100 Bertram cases for another 100 FPS...

I don't know if I could dump 100 pieces of Bertram for a maybe in performance. It is definitely a step up in quality over Jamison. The Peterson may be tougher yet, but it is still undetermined. I haven't been able to get my own guns out to the range quite as much as I'd hoped.
I have only ran a few of the 411's through my 30" 1-10 twist to see if they stabilized (they did) but need to put that 1-8 twist 36" on to make the most of them. Thanks for the tip on RL50, so far it seems to be my best bet for heavies.

Bravo 4, major memory lapse on this end. It's Jamison brass that I have. The original stuff. It ain't good.

What velocity are you running the 411s?