.375 cheytac build under 16lbs

It's best to e-mail him.
[email protected]
I'm going to have him rebarrel mine this year, it's shot out.
I decided on the allen magnum, so if you go with the standard cheytac, I have some new bertram and peterson brass I could sell you at a good price if your not set up yet.
That said, if you haven't started yet, you might want to look into the 375 allen mag as well.

Only issue with Kirby is he has a two year wait, right? Not sure how fast the OP wants his rifle.

I'm not sure how long the wait is, I'm sure it varies. He responds pretty quickly to his e-mails, so how long the wait is would be pretty easy to figure out.
I know there are plenty of capable smiths out there, but when it comes to these giants, and what they cost to build and feed, I'd want one of the most experienced smiths to build it.
Most of the custom rifles I have took about a year to plan it out, get the parts, and get it built. It took six months just to get the stock for my last build. Two years is a long wait, one seems okay to me.
I'd rather have a guy that's really busy than one begging for work!! There's usually a good reason for that.

Thanks! What is the weight of that TAC 408 action and the Bartlein barrel you are using?

Also, what would you replace the Mcmillan A5 with? So far that is the lightest option I have come up with. And what scope do you have on it?

Thanks for the info.

The weight of the single shot action is a bit more than the repeater (61 vs 53 oz), but add in magazine and such and I'm sure that is a moot point. The contour of the barrel is that of a large magnum. I could measure it and give you the dimensions, but it is fairly similar to what Kirby uses on his lighter .338/.375 Allen Mags. I googled it and searched this site, he lists several times. Not exact, but gave me an idea of how low I could go. Sorry, not gonna strip it down to weigh it as I may use it in the next couple days. Been TDY for a little bit and want to go hunting.
As far as the stock, I'm still looking into it. Can't find anyone that will build a light one for this action. That's one reason I'd probably go with the 1.45", seems easier to channel out something already in existence. The A-5 I have is not light by any means, it was built for rigidly.
Kirby has built a rifle for me and is top notch, that's why his wait is so long...he is highly sought after. This rifle was built by Long Rifles Inc, it is just as top notch. You send them the parts and the wait time is waaaayyyy less!

Stiller 1.45" repeater with a single shot follower.
Carbon 30" barrel with a T4 or MBM brake.
McMillan A5 sniper fill.

That should make weight with enough to spare for a nice scope.

Here is mine.
McMillan A-6, new Super Mag Stock.
BAT Single Shot
30" Proof
APA Brake
AccoTac Bi- Pod
17lbs 8oz.
If I take the brake and Bi-pod off:
15lbs 4 oz.

Attachments

• 20190118_164022.jpg
    20190118_164022.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 213
I live in Idaho as well so I ran into the same problem I'm running a manners stock. I can't remember the model but I had it built as light as I could and still have it hold up to a cheytac. The barrel is a benchmark 29" 10 or 10.5 twist can't remember for sure. Light idaho hunter if I remember the contour correctly. Call and talk to them and tell them what your doing and they can help.Action is a 1.45 tac 408 single shot, jewel bottom safety trigger. I don't know on trigger guard, just an aluminum adl style guard, night force ultra light rings, 5.5-22x56 nxs. It weighs right at 13.5lbs as far as my bathroom scale tells me, scoped without bipod. Next time I would have a softer recoil pad installed even if it was a couple more ounces. Oh and jp recoil eliminator. It shoots the 350smk and the Rocky Mountain 375gr Bullets very well out to 2000yards. I kinda wish I had a faster twist to shoot the big 400gr class bullets for elr but for the range I hunt its perfect.

Attachments

• 30230459-F1A5-48AE-987A-656856E060E5.jpeg
    30230459-F1A5-48AE-987A-656856E060E5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
I have a 338/408 on a CheyTac 310 (Lawton 8000) action with a 30" Bartlein barrel that would come in right at 16# if it were in a light weight stock instead of the chassis. I think the barrel is a 1.350 shank for 5" tapered to 1" at the muzzle.

If you didn't have the action already, I would have suggested a slightly different caliber. New chamberings like the 37xc or a handful of other wildcats get very close to 375 CT performance from smaller Lapua sized actions. It would just make hitting the weight limit a lot easier without sacrificing much practical performance.

Jeremy,Thats a sweet looking stick,hows it shoot for you velocity,etc ,bullet.Would like to scratch the itch some day.

Thanks bro. Lights out.
350 MTH 3160 fps.
135.5 retumbo
Vestal's builds a awesome rifle.
It's killed a few clay pigeons at 1k
Vestal throated this rifle for the 350 MTH

I live in Idaho as well so I ran into the same problem I'm running a manners stock. I can't remember the model but I had it built as light as I could and still have it hold up to a cheytac. The barrel is a benchmark 29" 10 or 10.5 twist can't remember for sure. Light idaho hunter if I remember the contour correctly. Call and talk to them and tell them what your doing and they can help.Action is a 1.45 tac 408 single shot, jewel bottom safety trigger. I don't know on trigger guard, just an aluminum adl style guard, night force ultra light rings, 5.5-22x56 nxs. It weighs right at 13.5lbs as far as my bathroom scale tells me, scoped without bipod. Next time I would have a softer recoil pad installed even if it was a couple more ounces. Oh and jp recoil eliminator. It shoots the 350smk and the Rocky Mountain 375gr Bullets very well out to 2000yards. I kinda wish I had a faster twist to shoot the big 400gr class bullets for elr but for the range I hunt its perfect.
That's what I'm talking about!
Screech, you wanna swap? I have an extra barrel to go alone with it (36", 1-8" twist) for those big heavies!:D