.375 High BC bullet casting

1) Bullet deformation from initial pressure. There is an actual formula to predict this if I remember correctly.
2) Lead fouling, deformation at the performance levels your seeking.
3) The expense of experimenting with some un named alloy, that either doesn't exist, or hasn't been applied in this way before.
4) You're building a long range rifle, and putting training wheels on it.
5) You're asking your question in a forum committed to long range, and folks are answering you from that perspective.

If you're goal is long range cast bullet I'd check into the Black Powder Cartridge, some very good shooting being done that way, and a lot of fun.

Sounds like you're a show me kind of person, and that's OK. Cabela's has a Lyman starter kit for $220. Start there, and then search the custom mould makers for one that meets your needs.

The Cast Bullet Association is a good source, and has a forum.

Well let me see here.
1. Surgeon 1581XL repeater action=$1500
2. PAC-NOR SS .375 Supermatch Barrel with 1 in 8 twist=$600
3. Terminator T4 muzzle brake=$250
4. XLR Industries Evolution HD chassis with all options, won on ebay auction=$850
5. Accurate Mag 5rnd Magazine=$85
6. Pheonix Over-The-Top bipod=$500
Total=$3785
OK, So all the parts I have so far came to $3785 and Kirby said the barreled action work with reloading dies would run me about $1000 or a little more. Then once the rifle is built I will have to start thinking about optics. I thought I had this covered a few weeks ago but ended up getting screwed out of $1270 for a Nightforce scope on Armslist. Anybody out there thinking of buying something off Armslist, beware. If you buy off Armslist, do it in person Face to Face because sending money to someone will get you screwed, I know cause I was one of those people, $1,270 down the tubes. I could have had Kirby do the build with the money I lost. Anyway, add it up yourself, it is not cheap and this will be the most expensive build I have ever done. The last Rifle build I did was a F-Class Remington 700 chambered in 6mm Remington and it ran me about $3500 with dies, scope and everything.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.