375 and 416 high BC bullets

Tikkamike

I have been playing with my 375 ultra quite a bit here lately and I have to say it is quickly becoming one of my favorite chamberings. I have been thinking about a new build for some time and I have am thinking I want a long 28-30" heavy barrel 375 or 416 ultra mag. I am going to base my final decision on bullet selection I think. I know about the .375 350gr smk's that are around what other high BC bullets are available in 375? and what is there for 416? I dont want to pay any more than about a buck a piece for bullets if I can help it.

I have been playing with my 375 ultra quite a bit here lately and I have to say it is quickly becoming one of my favorite chamberings. I have been thinking about a new build for some time and I have am thinking I want a long 28-30" heavy barrel 375 or 416 ultra mag. I am going to base my final decision on bullet selection I think. I know about the .375 350gr smk's that are around what other high BC bullets are available in 375? and what is there for 416? I dont want to pay any more than about a buck a piece for bullets if I can help it.

If you don't wont to pay for high BC 375 or 416 bullets you might be better staying with the 338 berger?

After a little more research it looks like ill be paying closer. To $2+ per bullet. Which is fine i guess i just want to know what is out there. So disregard the price limit. (I already have a 338 lapua and run 300 smk's in it.

Tikkamike,
I'm going to build a .416 weatherby mag. I'm going to shoot the cuttingedge 375grn bullet at an easy 2800fps. This bullet has a B.C of .825. This will be my longrange canyon hammer

Darrin

I shoot both 378 Wby and 416 Wby the new Barnes TTSX are promising. Wish I could get more weight however running the numbers the lighters do better inside of a grand anyway. They are fun to shoot, every thing I have touched with th 378 dumped, moose, wolf, brownie. Used the Barnes X 270 grn on those. Loaded some 260 ABs but not shot anything yet, they group well.

260 gr Accubond run .473 the cutting edge bullets run a lot higher if you get the speed up to about 2800+ don't know the numbers for the smks. Been too hard trying to find them but would love to try them.

260 gr Accubond run .473 the cutting edge bullets run a lot higher if you get the speed up to about 2800+ don't know the numbers for the smks. Been too hard trying to find them but would love to try them.

the 350 grain smk .375 have a .805 bc at 2200 fps+

This one looks like a LOT of fun!

MTH_L10

.375 CAL. 350 GR. LD HPBT-MAX

This hollow point "MAX" bullet was designed for large cartridge .375 rifles like the .375 CheyTac. COAL will be the brass length trimmed to trim length + 1.393" bullet projection for recommended starting Seal Tite Band position. A minimum 1-11" barrel twist rate is required with a muzzle velocity of 2900fps or faster. BC of .88 to .90 was calculated using muzzle velocity and drops at 1000, 1500, and 2000 yards.

I am going to the Cuttining Edge mentioned above in my 375 and 378 wby's. I have been shooting the 350 grain SMK. Got a good deal a couple years ago on a closeout purchase but they are about gone. They shoot very well but the bc on the CE bullets and incredible accuracy the CE bullets are showing in my other rifles are the reason for the change. I should get right at 3000 fps out of the .9 bc CE bullet in my 378 wby making it a serious long range rifle. In 375 that looks like the bullet to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.