.358 or .366 wildcat on a 300 weatherby?

What are your guys thoughts on a 9.3mm/375 Ruger wildcat ? ?.
Rather different, but it would be usable for pretty much exactly what the 375 is. If you really like a certain 9.3mm bullet or are infatuated with the bore diameter, go for it, but you won't actually get much difference. The mis-headstamped brass can wreak havok with customs in some countries on some of these rounds too; it's better to stay with something you can at least get SOME proper headstamp brass for.

I just got my 358STA up and running last weekend. All I can say is WOW!!! It truly is the one rifle to do it all. With a quality brake and in the 10# range it is very, I repeat very comfortable to shoot. So far I'm shooting the 225 SGK and Accubond. I'm infatuated with this rifle:D I just want to keep shooting itgun)

Bullet selection is a bit limited and high BC stuff is even more limited but who cares when you can push a BIG bullet FAST. Mine was built with Alaska in mind and it will do the job a LONG way out there.

If you build a standard 358STA and use 300WBY brass your necks will probably come up a little short. Should not be a problem if you don't switch to 8mm Rem Mag or 340 WBY brass to form your 358STA brass in the future. The chamber would need cleaned up with the reamer before using proper length brass though.

Have fun!

Rather different, but it would be usable for pretty much exactly what the 375 is. If you really like a certain 9.3mm bullet or are infatuated with the bore diameter, go for it, but you won't actually get much difference. The mis-headstamped brass can wreak havok with customs in some countries on some of these rounds too; it's better to stay with something you can at least get SOME proper headstamp brass for.

Good advice, Thanks Lefty.

I just got my 358STA up and running last weekend. All I can say is WOW!!! It truly is the one rifle to do it all. With a quality brake and in the 10# range it is very, I repeat very comfortable to shoot. So far I'm shooting the 225 SGK and Accubond. I'm infatuated with this rifle:D I just want to keep shooting itgun)

Bullet selection is a bit limited and high BC stuff is even more limited but who cares when you can push a BIG bullet FAST. Mine was built with Alaska in mind and it will do the job a LONG way out there.

If you build a standard 358STA and use 300WBY brass your necks will probably come up a little short. Should not be a problem if you don't switch to 8mm Rem Mag or 340 WBY brass to form your 358STA brass in the future. The chamber would need cleaned up with the reamer before using proper length brass though.
Have fun!

Be keen to hear how your hunts go.
Regards Steve.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.