.350 xpr is here !

hammer111

At the range with the 350 . Gun looks cool.
IMG_20200112_090820.jpg

200yards in 20 mph winds. With Winchester dear season 150 gr ammo.

Not sure how I feel about the ammo at this point, the wind was a big factor.

IMG_20200112_113725.jpg

Group doesnt look all that terrible from a fairly mild straight walled case. I wouldn't guess that the 350 be optimal for more than 250 yds or so. Still minute of deer!

I should add it came with a vortex 3 x 9 bdc
Scope.
For me magnification was good to 100 yards.

After that it was a little difficult to get good details of target at 150 and especially 200 for target shooting.

Would work for deer. To shoot paper at 200 or more it needs better glass.

The last 4 weeks have been windy on my range day. I'm sure I can do better in no wind.

Definitely can do better with hand loads, and tweaking the gun. That was out of the box shooting. After a good cleaning.

I think the gun has a little more in it. I also think with round development you could take a deer at 300 yards . Probably 150 gr or maybe the 180 gr, would carry more energy. Good shot placement of course.

Oh yeah the scopes range bars didn't work with this gun.

Sighted in dead on at a 100. The second bar was 1 1/2 inches high at 150, but 2inches low at 200.

That has me scratching my head as to why they chose that type of reticle. I love the gun though. Quality is pretty good.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.