33xc or 37xc

Have a sako trg-s action Do you think in would handle the 33xc? mine is chambered in a lazzeroni warbird now. I know that they chamber it in 338 lapua an 30-378 weatherby as well all having the lapua bolt face. they also call it the m995 model. has a beefy bolt. Have a xlr chassis for it. I believe it was the last one they made.

Might note I bought a 30" carbon proof barrel now i'm thinking I should of bought a heaver barrel. Was going to chamber it in a lazzeroni 8.59 titan until I saw the 33xc and the brass is cheaper on the 33xc as well.

The bullet options are better for the 33. I think we will see some better bullets option in the 375 soon, but not yet.

Last edited:
The bullet options are better for the 30. I think we will see some better bullets option in the 375 soon, but not yet.

But let's not forget that Berger will be coming out with a 329 gr. bullet for the .338 and then there are the 285 gr. Warner's along with some new Badland's ICBM mono's....

But let's not forget that Berger will be coming out with a 329 gr. bullet for the .338 and then there are the 285 gr. Warner's along with some new Badland's ICBM mono's....
That was a type mistake on my part. Was meaning to say theres more options for the 338 than 375. And your right, even more good ones coming.

The 33XC seems pretty overbore. Most of the load data I've seen uses H50BMG/RL50. I am not a huge fan of being limited to BMG class powders. My 338 Lapua Improved maxes out with RL33 at around 108 grains with capacity to spare, so it just doesn't seem like the XC will be able to make use of the additional capacity with that powder.

The 37XC throated for the 400 Flatline is what I would choose. I plan to rebarrel my Lapua Improved to the 37 at some point down the road. It seems to thrive with common powders like H1000/Retumbo/N570 that are less extreme from a burn rate perspective. At my elevation, that bullet will be supersonic past 2500 yards.

I would build one on a Savage that was originally chambered in a Lapua class case because they are differences in them compared to just dropping a new bolt head into a magnum action. The regular action will set back even at RUM cases when pushed especially in Stainless.

I would build one on a Savage that was originally chambered in a Lapua class case because they are differences in them compared to just dropping a new bolt head into a magnum action. The regular action will set back even at RUM cases when pushed especially in Stainless.
How to you think one of the single port target actions would do?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.