37XC

With the case capacity & bullet weight I'm surprised that H1000 offers superior performance over slower burning powders,but I've been told that from one other person as well. Did you try any re33 or even re26? The re26 is very close to H1000 & offers better velocity. How about any other bullets besides tubbs recommend Warner's? Berger has two new options for the. 375 cal,a 407gr & a 380gr I think and hornady has a 405gr .375cal a-tip out as well,tried either? Just curious how a little heavier grain will perform. I've got a 35" Krieger bbl on a Stiller tac action but I'm still waiting on my reamer to arrive. Been patiently waiting but I'm ready for load development. Thnx

And the initial testing with the 375gr badlands bullets went how? Did you find the slightly heavier bullets didn't give you the performance you wanted? A few of The heavier 400 plus grain bullets offer quite a bit better b.c.- .500 g7 b.c. is phenomenal performance from a bullet but Litz is adamant that those bullets simply won't transfer through transonic velocities with any control and probably would be lucky if it came out pointing forwards. Longer bullets just cannot keep there stability when transferring into transonic, therefore it's possibly better to select a bullet that is not a long & pointed with a super high b.c if you will be shooting out into those ranges but instead select a shorter more of a true G1 shaped bullet that when spun down a faster twist bbl will have much better chance of being flying point forward after entering transonic flight and then into subsonic. So a tradeoff b/n a super high b.c and a more stable lower b.c. bullet should be considered in those situations. And for myself shooting at sea level altitude this is certainly something of concern beyond 2300-2400yrds.

Just curious if any of you shoot these larger calibers at 1000 yards. What kind of accuracy do you get at that range.
Shep

I shoot 1000 yard BR and was looking into the bigger higher bc bullets. Don't know if they are as accurate at 1000 yards than what is being used today. I know why they are used for extreme long range just curious how accurate they would be.
Shep

I'm talking about 2,200 - 3,400 yrds...not 1,000 that's not even close to a mile. The high b.c. bullets aren't even being tested at those distances

Why would you want to shoot those larger calibers at 1,000 yrds? A 6mm offers extremely good ballistics at that range and with a fraction of the powder/recoil. Not to mention a plethora of excellent high b.c. bullets to choose from.

I shoot at a windy range. My 6mms have about 67 inches of drift in a 10 mph wind. My 6.5 Creed has 55 inches. The 7mm I'm doing will have 41 inches. See the pattern. The bigger higher bc bullets drift way less. I don't shoot at the Dasher dome where the wind doesn't blow.
Shep

25wsm, My bench shooter friend told me his long bench gun runs 3-5 '' at 1000.Hes shot many records with his 6 dasher Penn rules. He shot a WR-2019 Elite long range 3 target agg 19.8''at 2000 yrd In 2000 its 5 shot.

Last edited:
If you can shoot 3 to 5 inches consistently you would win the aggs every yr. What cartridge is he doing that with.

Out of every shooter and every match of the yr there are only a few groups in the 3s. And that's well over 1000 groups fired.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.