33xc velocity

Since my initial post I have seen more and more data similar to what you speak of. The velocity isn't worth the hassle and more splash on target is better than a zippy .338

Now I am thinking of an improved 375 cheytac. With a long barrel (36-38") I am hoping for 3200 fps with a 400gr Lazer compared to the 300gr berger at 3300-3400 fps in a 338 cheytac based platform.

I am looking for more data on loads and velocity for the 375 cheytac improved so if anyone could spare some info, that would be greatly appreciated.
Another option is the 390 ATips. My .375 Snipetac (Cheytac Imp) was spitting them out at 3050 (with a rather mid level load) from a 36" barrel. That thing was ridiculous out to some very far ranges! The splash with the cup-n-core ATips is greater than the monolithic metal bullets.

Another option is the 390 ATips. My .375 Snipetac (Cheytac Imp) was spitting them out at 3050 (with a rather mid level load) from a 36" barrel. That thing was ridiculous out to some very far ranges! The splash with the cup-n-core ATips is greater than the monolithic metal bullets.
What twist are you running? Im afraid that the 8 or so twist needed for the lazers will kill the atips. Given how the mono bullets usually run a little faster do you think that my goal of 3200 with a 400gr mth/lazer and a 38" barrel is plausible. Im unsure of what reamer to use ive seen an older one called the 375 DCM that was a 40 degree shoulder and held 174gr of h2o. But idk if anyone is running it anymore

An 8 twist will not hurt a Atip.
He's right, I had an 8 twist and they shot beautifully.
With a 38" barrel I believe you should get to 3200 fps with an improved Cheytac case. It's good to have goals but don't get too hung up on the speed. Your rifle may be capable but might like a slower speed.

He's right, I had an 8 twist and they shot beautifully.
With a 38" barrel I believe you should get to 3200 fps with an improved Cheytac case. It's good to have goals but don't get too hung up on the speed. Your rifle may be capable but might like a slower speed.
Certainly. Im just trying to see were it may end up, Ill just follow the nodes but wanted a ballpark figure. Definitely glad for the Atip as a backup. Would be cool if they made a 425gr atip actually made for the 8 twist

The .416 bullets have come a long way in the past few years and a Cheytac version in the caliber is popular in ELR. I have a 37XC reamer and thought about one to go along with the 33XC barrel. However if I'm going up in caliber, why not really go up to a 41XC?

The .416 bullets have come a long way in the past few years and a Cheytac version in the caliber is popular in ELR. I have a 37XC reamer and thought about one to go along with the 33XC barrel. However if I'm going up in caliber, why not really go up to a 41XC?
Honestly, that may be a good idea. You give up a little bit of velocity, but you gain 100 grains of projectile weight the 41 XC may seem small compared to the 416 Barrett and the 416 vestal, but it sure does compete. I have seen some finishers in King of 2 mile use it.