338 Win mag bullet?

dk17hmr

I just got a new Weatherby 338 Win Mag and am planning on using it this fall for my elk hunting needs. I havent shot it much yet other than to get the scope zeroed. Whats a good all around bullet for the 338 win mag on Elk and possible deer (season over laps where I hunt) at win mag speeds out to about 300 yards?..... maybe further depending on weather or not I have my elk before they come out of the mountains and down into the flats.

I am thinking a 225gr Accubond, seems to have a good BC and I like the way the 165gr Accubond worked on my elk last year fired from my 30-06.

Have used the 225gr bullets in 338 Win Mag for several years......
Started using the 225 Accubond a couple of years ago ..........but no report on elk with it....
Found as far as groups go went from H4350 to Reloader 19 better groups..........

The 225 grain Accubond has given good accuracy in multiple rifles, and good terminal performance on multiple species for me.

I used the 210 part. on a bull moose at 250yd up in BC back in 05. Broadside double lunged thru and thru with a hole the size of a golf ball exiting. He walked about 10 yards fell or over dead. But I do like the numbers on 225 ab's out of non super 338's.

Gene R.

I used the 210 part. on a bull moose at 250yd up in BC back in 05. Broadside double lunged thru and thru with a hole the size of a golf ball exiting. He walked about 10 yards fell or over dead. But I do like the numbers on 225 ab's out of non super 338's.

Gene R.
A good bullet with lots of positive memories for me.

I shoot a 338 LM My buddy has shot the 338 win mag for years. Without a doubt the 250 SPB has the sectional density and BC to take on anything in the lower 48

Sierra .338 dia. 250 gr. SBT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.