.338 Standard magnum bolt face

The 338 RUM is probably the easiest to make a reliable repeater while maintaing excellent LR capability with a 700 Magnum action.

My new one came together very well firing 270 ELD-X at 2965 fps.

I've had factory made Mod 700 Laminate stocked 338 RUM that was awesome. I gave it to a friend in Montana. I later was given a 338 RUM built on a Howa action with a gain twist 25" barrel. It was set in a slimmed up Boyds stock. I only used the 180 Accubond in it as I was after Aoudad in West Texas. I was getting 3500fps with tremendous accuracy. I popped a 32" ram right at 250yds ( you see through the cedar openings much further than that!) My guide liked the rifle so much he offered me $1200 for it. I called my friend who had given me the rifle and asked him what he thought. Sell it he said, he had put the rifle together from parts and thought that was too good to pass up! So yeah, I have a soft spot for the 338 RUM. But now, I'm just as happy with a standard Win Mag. Good luck to you Pard!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.