338 RUM Mag box too short

Curt

Is there a way to lengthen the Mag box on the Rem 700 LA? As it is the bullets have to be seated DEEP in the neck to fit, and no hope of getting even close to the lands. Thanks

Shawn Carlock can open up your magazine well,and sell you a longer mag.liner. Give him a call@ Defensive Edge 1-208-7732331. If you want a little more velocity, he can rechamber to 338 Edge. I sent him a Sendero 338 Ultra,And he bluprinted the action, Opened up magazine,new box liner, and rechambered to 338 Edge.Shawn does first class work,and is a hell of a nice guy.My Sendero shoots bugholes. Give him a call. Dave.

Brownell's has an extended box for the Rem 700 model. Currently on back-order, it runs about $26.00 and is suppposed to accomodate the longer rums.

Thanks fellas for the info, I'm assuming that the reciever requires milling for the brownells box to fit?

Does anything like this excist for a Winchester M70 pre'64 too?
I have a 338 RUM in such action, and have this same problem. Can load it as a singleshot but I'd want a tad longer magazinebox if possible. 2-4mm would do it!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.