338 R.U.M.

Bigcat_hunter

I want one of these for a long range elk gun. They seem a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot and reload for that a 338 lapua. Is Remington the only ones who make a rifle in this round?? As far as I can tell they only make 1 version which is the TXR (I think thats wahat its called). Any one have any experiance with this 338?

I've been looking for one too. It seems like it would be a great gun to have. I don't know why more manufacturers aren't making them. I don't like the look of the XCR at all.

As far as factory rifles go,I thought it was a bummer when Remington dropped it from thier Sendero line.If you do some searching you might be able to find one of the older 338 Senderos in decent condition.

I have a 700 LSS 338 RUM with a Leupold VXIII 2.5x8 and M1 dials. Remington stopped producing the LSS and Sendero models and is offering the 338 RUM in the XCR at this time.This is a stock rifle with a trigger job and a Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pad added.
[image]
JD700LSS.jpg
[/image]
If I do my part, the rifle will shoot sub .5 MOA out to
500 yds. This accuracy is with Nosler AB's and PT's.
[image]http://
338RUM250grPT.jpg
[/image]
Go get yourself a 338 RUM in the XCR. You can always change out the stock.

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.