I've never had any Tikka actions but sounds like they're a solid go to foundation for a start. There seems to be a bunch of accessories out there to get them rollin! JA outdoors prolly has them in stock. Need to think about the horsepower you're looking to squeeze the trigger on as well. There's 338's from short all the way to single feed behemoths!!! I have a 338 edge it's the only 338 I'll ever own but way more power than I need sure sounds nice on gongs tho!!

So???? Rifle only? Scope included? Buy a rifle?? Do you have a donor stock, action, pre-chambered barrel, etc. etc. etc. Or just pay a smith build it? Does this include scope? Only thing I can say is if your paying a smith to build it with only his parts....you are about 2K short.

You can pick up a budget rifle. I picked up a Savage 338 Lapua from a great member here.

BUUUTTT...338 anything shoting wise can get spendy. Pills alone are not cheap. I did a 338 Sherman and it was like loading for a 270/280/30-06 powder and brass wise, but the pills were not cheap. Just know that getting those big things moving takes case capacity, unless you are looking for under 600 yards.