338 Norma at 3220 yards

The one I use is called "distance measure"

The link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/distance-measure/id430378257

There is also a PRO version ($1.99 - one dollar and 99 cents) that does not have ads. [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/distance-measure-pro/id494886286?mt=8]

Of particular note, as is probably obvious, you need the satelite map, Internet access, and signal. Frankly, if you could actually identify the target location from "sky view" this would be far and away the least expensive way to measure ELR line-of-sight distances. I have no idea how often remote area "maps" are updated but seems they must be quite often as the poster appears to have been able to "see" his just-placed target after just the short time it took to get back to his shooting point. This alone is well worth a complete, very detailed thread. Please provide same - separate thread.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I use the br2 g7 rangefinder which depending on target and conditions will do 2000ish pretty consistent but not much more. This will give me an option to verify what I'm using and stretch it a bit farther out.

Thanks guys, I use the br2 g7 rangefinder which depending on target and conditions will do 2000ish pretty consistent but not much more. This will give me an option to verify what I'm using and stretch it a bit farther out.

My terrapin just picked up 3990 yards on the horizon. Sounds like I need to attempt that shot soon

this is late just got to read it but that is some awesome shooting!gun)
Its kinda funny not to long ago on this site had a guy basically tell my riffle had mediocre components, the funny thing is its about the same component list as yours except for a shilen match barrel. I guess opinions vary!!:cool:

congratulations!

this is late just got to read it but that is some awesome shooting!gun)
Its kinda funny not to long ago on this site had a guy basically tell my riffle had mediocre components, the funny thing is its about the same component list as yours except for a shilen match barrel. I guess opinions vary!!:cool:

congratulations!

One thing I've found out is it doesn't matter what brand of kit you use. If it works it works. It's usually the Indian not the arrow so I wouldn't worry about someone telling you your kit is sub par or even average! Go out and shoot! Only you will determine if your rifle shoots average or great

Its called "Distance Measure". After he told me I downloaded it. Pretty neat app, I've already used it at work a couple times to measure jobs and its free

So, what chambering do you plan on using to attempt your 2+ mile shot? If you don't mind me asking.

Well I don't want it to be too easy so the .22 hornet will stay in the safe :p
No I will actually attempt it with my 338 Norma just to see if there is any consistency then I will try with the 375 cheytac

This is truly an inspiring post. Great info and write up 115VLD! I love hanging out here I have gleaned so much info over the past several years! LRS is cool ELRS even cooler but 3220 yds is flat out amazing. Hats off man!

This is truly an inspiring post. Great info and write up 115VLD! I love hanging out here I have gleaned so much info over the past several years! LRS is cool ELRS even cooler but 3220 yds is flat out amazing. Hats off man!

Thanks man I appreciate that. Get out and keep pushing the limits of not your gear but yourself. You can only shoot as far as you think you can. I say "bring me the horizon"

George Tubb already did the 2 mile shot! Did it I think over in Scotland shooting a .308 Winchester....and IRON SIGHTS! Actually put rounds into the bull being used!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.