Milk Jug at 1820 yards 338 edge

A helpful administrator explained to me that only still images can be uploaded directly to this site. Videos need to be uploaded through a service like YouTube, so I created a YouTube account and uploaded this 1477 yard shot footage. I was by myself when I filmed this, and was only trying out my new $199 Sony HD camcorder. The shot is not particularly impressive by ELR standards, but the HD film quality from such an inexpensive and tiny camcorder is. The rock was not visible with the naked eye, and only appeared as a white speck with 10x binos. I'd estimate it was roughly 1 foot square. Without a spotter, I was not sure at the time whether I hit it, but the film shows that I did manage to smack the lower right edge. 300 RUM pushing a 230 grain Berger hybrid at 3030 fps. Leupold Mark 4, 6.5-20X...

1477 YD SHOT W/$199 SONY HD CAMCORDER - YouTube

I should also mention that by uploading to YouTube and watching it in the smaller frame screen, about 10% of the original clarity is lost. When I play that video clip directly from the saved file on my full screen computer, it is substantially higher definition, with the vapor trail clearly visible all the way to the bullet strike on the target rock.

I should also mention that by uploading to YouTube and watching it in the smaller frame screen, about 10% of the original clarity is lost. When I play that video clip directly from the saved file on my full screen computer, it is substantially higher definition, with the vapor trail clearly visible all the way to the bullet strike on the target rock.

Yeah on my computer I can actually see the milk jug rolling but when I put it on youtube I can no longer see it. I will try the camera you have and see. Thanks

After the first shot and before you start talking something runs across hue bottom of the screen. From right to left.

There are 3 crows flying right to left one at 0:39 ,mid screen at 1:27 and 3:16
if you go to you tube and raise the quality to 480p and expand the screen you can see the video much clearer.
some long shooting !

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.