rocks at 2200 yards with 338 lapua

Yes it is!! we shot some more at the hunting club at 1997 yards. Got some good hits with the 300 smk. I got to shoot up about 18 more rounds before i go to the 300 otm bergers . Had a 5 shot group around 20 inchs, and a first round cold bore that missed the 1/4 moa spot on the rock that we aim at by mere inches! Had a friend that has never shot passed 500 yards shot my 338 lapua at 1997 yards in 6 to 8 mph wind and actually did VERY well. AT 2820 fps 45 temp 40 humidity, and 29.20 pressure i will run 300 otms 96 moa at 2200 yards. Cant wait to go back !! Going to shoot up some more 300smk wednesday at 1800- 2000 yards if it gets warm enough!

I have a canon that works well but you will probably need to find a camera that you can put a doubler on or use a ipod type device with a spotting scope. I am thinking about switching up a little to the ipod from my camera. There is a lot of mirage that can occur at extended distances. Regardless, the camera is your best friend for going back and reviewing shots that are lost to the spotter. I use it as a tool tp mainly see shots I couldn't spot and determine actual group size vs what my ego wants to believe. I post a few occasionally too.

Get the most camera you can for the money. I like my little unit with 37 or 40x optical zoom. Be mindful or zoom that is digital. It is hard to get really good vid with digital zoom that is clear and bright.

Your videos look good! What model canon do you have?

I don't recall. I will have to look again. I never can remember what is it H 4xx something. Shot some balloons Sunday with the 204 out to 565 yards and for this work it was pretty sweet. The bullet traces are very good and I was able to determine, during review, what my test loads were doing. During shooting it was not all the evident. I normally would shoot paper or a gong for testing but we were having too much fun killing balloons. : ) I will have vid up in a day or two. My biggest issue is making the vids short enough to watch and enjoy without spending 3 days editing. Ha ha

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts