338 Mega

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 137
brass and dies should be here next week. The only data I have so far is it looks like it will reach 2900' with a max load of RL26 in a 21" barrel with a 250 Berger. The guy doing the testing should be doing more testing when the brass gets here.
Im guessing that a 26" barrel would crowd 3000' but a likely useable every day load about 2900?
Rich, will there be .338 Mega head stamped brass ?

I've been pressed for time and weather this winter. I did have a few minutes this week and was able to play with the 285 eld m for a couple minutes. Haven't chronographed yet but I shot an easy load (probably around 2650 fps???) And was very pleased. This is only a 21" barrel. Also shot a very stiff top end load and it was one hole but not a useable one.
Like Rich said... when I get some new brass I'll get a little more serious with it. I'll probably circle back to the 265 long range accubond too.

I've been pressed for time and weather this winter. I did have a few minutes this week and was able to play with the 285 eld m for a couple minutes. Haven't chronographed yet but I shot an easy load (probably around 2650 fps???) And was very pleased. This is only a 21" barrel. Also shot a very stiff top end load and it was one hole but not a useable one.
Like Rich said... when I get some new brass I'll get a little more serious with it. I'll probably circle back to the 265 long range accubond too.

What powder and primer? Interested in accuracy and velocity when available.

Rl 26 and fed 215. It takes almost a case full of 26 to pressure out. H100v and such will be a good place for burn rate but not as good of speeds as 26.