338 EDGE

Matt27, how much does your 338 lapua rig weigh?which action stock and barrel? ever tried shooting without a muzzle brake?

Here is a picture of oneshot's 338 EDGE.
MIKEBOWERS338EDGEem.JPG

It is one of the guns that I look at when it is done and say I wish I had one for myself.

Shawn,

What stock that is?

Looks like it may be used either left or right handed?

Also, its the first non-wood one that I've seen that I like the looks.

oneshot976,
Thanks. Shawn Carlock beat me to it but here is the picture anyway. Will send you an e-mail latter on. Congrats on a beautiful looking rifle.
338-EDGE.jpg

Hey Shawn, What happened to the fully camoflauged version that was sitting on that counter last week. That was a sweet looking rifle. (not that the black one sin't pretty nice as well.)

The stock is one from Sub Minute Solutions. It is a heavy stock (3lbs).

The 338 edge camo is still on the counter it is a consignment rifle I got back from the original owner to sell. 1800.00 w/o optics. It is also the rifle featured in the Oct 2002 atricle in the Accurate Rifle.

Shawn this 338 edge has got my curiosity up.
If you don't mind could you send me an email at [email protected] with a little more info on it.
I would also like to know the particulars on the consignment rig you mentioned like # of rounds down the tube and stock, barrel contour and manufacturer.

Ok I found the info I was looking about the edge itself but I'm still interested in the rig 4key was talking about.
Thanks in advance Shawn!

alg

Don't want to highjack the thread so sweet and short /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
My Lapua is right around 17-18lbs. I have a Geske action with a Masterclass stock with adjustable hardware. No i haven't tried to shoot it without the brake. Don't care too. When at the range i can shoot 50-100 shots with my lapua and not feel anything the next day or get tired or fatigued shooting it. It is just a gentle push. I have a vias muzzle brake.

thanks...I´am curious to know if someone has tried shooting that cal with a lighter rifle, say 9 lbs.

7RL,

I will post a picture of it here since it is a 338 EDGE. It has a 27" barrel + brake, radial fluted, HS adjustabel for LOP stock, HS box mag feed, Sako bolt release, film dipped in Mossyoak Breakup camo, a mountain of brass some fired some new, and has 375-400 rounds through most of I fired and the rest fired for the article.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.