.338 edge builder?

Mine is 14lbs with a moderately efficient brake engineered to reduce concussion to the shooter and spotter. Even with a maximal efficient brake I think a 10lb gun in this chambering is going to hurt. You're going to neuter it with a shortened barrel. And you're going to have to go with a REALLY light profile. Burning that much powder it's going to heat up really, really quick. And you will need to go with a lighter scope which doesn't have the long range features. Unless you meant 10lbs bare rifle weight, which is a bit more rational.
I had an edge with a manners eh1 (1/2" recoil pad to save weight) and 28" Brux light Palma contour with a custom 4 port brake. It still smacked the heck out of you with 300gr smks. It weighed 12lb 8oz
With high efficiency brakes, recoil is not bad at all, my .338 NM burning 88 grains of H1000 under a 300 Berger going 2700 from a 24" tube isn't bad at all, about like a 10 lb unbraked .308 win. Here is a video showi g that it isn't bad at all, as long as you have a good brake. I shot my fathers 9 lb AR-10 right after this, and recoil was very similar. This is with a MBM Beast 5 port. Barrel contour is a #5, and I'm using a March 2.5-25. It's not an edge, but in my friends 28" 338 nm, they are going 2830 with the same charge, not terribly far behind what an edge would be doing.

Mine is 14lbs with a moderately efficient brake engineered to reduce concussion to the shooter and spotter. Even with a maximal efficient brake I think a 10lb gun in this chambering is going to hurt. You're going to neuter it with a shortened barrel. And you're going to have to go with a REALLY light profile. Burning that much powder it's going to heat up really, really quick. And you will need to go with a lighter scope which doesn't have the long range features. Unless you meant 10lbs bare rifle weight, which is a bit more rational.
Sorry 10 pound bare rifle weight. I'm accustomed to the recoil 1 of my .338 rums is a unbraked bdl that kicks like a mule.

And guys where's the best place to get edge brass?
I just use 300 Rum brass . It's worked just fine for me . It seems to be all over the place too . ADG is good brass I have heard . Just not available very much . Just looked on there site last night .

Rum Man

You should check with SAVAGE GUNSMITHING on Driggs ID. He built my One Mile 338 RUM for about 1/2 of what most custom rigs costs.

And guys where's the best place to get edge brass?
I got mine from Huntington die specialties. I ordered 300 RUM and ran it thru 338 edge die. I annealed the case mouth,neck and shoulder junction and it seemed like I didn't even need lube on it. In the reloading forum I've seen used 300 RUM brass for sale. I don't know if anyone makes a 338 edge head stamped case yet!

Sorry 10 pound bare rifle weight. I'm accustomed to the recoil 1 of my .338 rums is a unbraked bdl that kicks like a mule.
I've been kicked by steers, heifers and cows even a deer once but not a mule! Them fellers kick with both legs and all they're body strength, lookout! My edge didn't seem bad with out brake on it much less muzzle blast as well.

With high efficiency brakes, recoil is not bad at all, my .338 NM burning 88 grains of H1000 under a 300 Berger going 2700 from a 24" tube isn't bad at all, about like a 10 lb unbraked .308 win. Here is a video showi g that it isn't bad at all, as long as you have a good brake. I shot my fathers 9 lb AR-10 right after this, and recoil was very similar. This is with a MBM Beast 5 port. Barrel contour is a #5, and I'm using a March 2.5-25. It's not an edge, but in my friends 28" 338 nm, they are going 2830 with the same charge, not terribly far behind what an edge would be doing.

My moobs arent as solid as they use to be :) I started the LR journey with a 13lb edge and 300gr. Then been playing with 28nos and other light kickers. Took out the edge last month and remembered the Difference

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.