338-378 Weatherby Load Data

urds1406

Hi everyone- I am new to the site and was looking for some load information for a new 338-378 Weatherby I am having built. It will be fitted with a 26" benchmark barrel. I was leaning towards something in the 225-250 grain category. I should also specify that this rifle will be used primarily for long range hunting as well as ringing steel (for fun). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kane

Great cartridge. 250 grain Accubonds work well in mine: 107 grains H1000 @ 3.800", 2975 fps, 1/2 moa. Not a hot load but the accuracy is good. The 300 grain Berger Hybrids are favored by a lot of folks because of the great BC. I've got some loaded up with RL33 that I'll be testing out when it warms up a little.

Thanks for the information. I am not too familiar with the H1000. Is it pretty temperature sensitive?

H1000 is an extreme powder from hodgdon. All of the powders in the extreme line are very temperature stable.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.