338-300 PRC... Sherman Improved!

25", it is now 22" and I use a 210 Barnes at 2850. Your SM will be a beast once you throttle it up.

Agreed. My 338 Sherman Mega is getting 2925 with a 225 grain NAB out of a 21.5" barrel. I went with a bit more of a "budget build" for mine, but it shoots great and is an absolute hammer.

I have changed the scope out on it for a Maven RS1.2 due to the fact that the brass was hitting the windage cover on the Tract about 50% of the time, and while it was fine at the range, I couldn't have that in the field.
IMG_0106.jpeg
IMG_3287.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg

Agreed. My 338 Sherman Mega is getting 2925 with a 225 grain NAB out of a 21.5" barrel. I went with a bit more of a "budget build" for mine, but it shoots great and is an absolute hammer.

I have changed the scope out on it for a Maven RS1.2 due to the fact that the brass was hitting the windage cover on the Tract about 50% of the time, and while it was fine at the range, I couldn't have that in the field.View attachment 561703View attachment 561706View attachment 561728

Nice! That's very encouraging to hear, and cool build. What suppressor is that one?

I would be pretty happy if it ended up between 2900-3000 with 225 NAB's. Sounds like that's pretty reasonable.

Nice! That's very encouraging to hear, and cool build. What suppressor is that one?

I would be pretty happy if it ended up between 2900-3000 with 225 NAB's. Sounds like that's pretty reasonable.

That is a Ruger Alaskan 360. While it isn't the greatest in terms of suppression, it is very light in the DT configuration and reduces the muzzle blast down to tolerable levels when hunting. I have an Omega 36 in jail that will go on this rifle when it is comes out and this one will go on the .35 Rem Contender and get set up for use with my 9mm PSA Dagger as well.

That is a Ruger Alaskan 360. While it isn't the greatest in terms of suppression, it is very light in the DT configuration and reduces the muzzle blast down to tolerable levels when hunting. I have an Omega 36 in jail that will go on this rifle when it is comes out and this one will go on the .35 Rem Contender and get set up for use with my 9mm PSA Dagger as well.

Very nice. Same story here on the suppressor. Should be any day now actually.. 🤞🏼

I have changed the scope out on it for a Maven RS1.2 due to the fact that the brass was hitting the windage cover on the Tract about 50% of the time, and while it was fine at the range, I couldn't have that in the field.View attachment 561703View attachment 561706View attachment 561728
I'm looking at doing a similar build. What barrel did you use?

I'm looking at doing a similar build. What barrel did you use?

I used Preferred Barrel Blanks. They didn't have the 338 Mega reamer, but a couple of emails back and forth with them and a bit of extra $$ and they agreed to rent the reamer from Rich and chamber my barrel. It headspaced perfectly on the Tikka T3 action and as you can see, it shoots very well. I went with the 0.270" FB reamer so I had the option to use the heavier bullets if I wanted to. Using the Tikka action in the LA configuration, I can load even the lighter bullets out there a ways.