33 Nosler

Good Luck in finding what will work good for you.

The 33 should be a real good "medium bore" cartridge! Especially for those suffering from "belt phobia" ! 😂 memtb

While it's considered to be "temperature sensitive" we use RL 22 in my wife's .338 WM under Barnes 225 TTSX's……pushing them to 2950 in a 24" barrel! I suspect though……it's not a "timid" charge weight! memtb

So I just rechambered my 338 Win Mag to 33 Nosler this year. I did work up a hunting load for Elk with reloader 19 and Hornady 230 grain eldx bullets. I got pretty good accuracy, but not great velocity, mid to high 2800's.
I tried the 270 gr eldx bullets but didn't get good accuracy with IMR 4350 or H4350.
I've just obtained some 250gr bulldozer bullets and I was thinking of trying to work up a load with H1000, but haven't had time yet.
I have tried the H-1000 with Berger 250 OTM's and the accuracy was there. But the velocity wasn't. It was right at the same as the 338wm. So I scrapped the whole thing. I have really good velocities with n560. Approx 2880fps with the 250's. If u have RL-26 I was getting close to 3k with right at MOA accuracy. Wasn't what I was looking for. Plus didn't have a lot of the 26. So stuck with the n560. I'm thinking 7828ssc will be the best results for anything that heavy, plus the bulk density is better. Good luck.

Last edited:
So far none. I was able to 3078 fps with 77grns of Rel19 using 225 gr Speer SpBt bullets and very good accuracy.
I settled with 2920fps and 79.8 grns of Rel 19 using Hornady 230 ELDX.
I'm still experimenting. The main reason I did the conversion was to remove the magazine spacer and be able to Ioad long bullets, over 1.5" and have COALs out to 3.55" if needed

Good Luck in finding what will work good for you.

The 33 should be a real good "medium bore" cartridge! Especially for those suffering from "belt phobia" ! 😂 memtb
No phobia. Just wanted something different. I wanted a 338 edge. But was talked outta it. I own plenty of belted cartridges. 👍🏼

Does anyone have any experience with 33 Nosler? I have a custom build, that I have worked a few loads up with. It shoots great. But I'm running outta N560. Which it shoots fantastic with Berger 250 OTM's. Want to drop down to 225's. I got H-1000, N560, IMR-7828ssc.
Take a look at the Nosler reloading data sight for 225 bullets and you'll see the 4831SC, which is the shortcut version of 4831, gives very good velocities.

Take a look at the Nosler reloading data sight for 225 bullets and you'll see the 4831SC, which is the shortcut version of 4831, gives very good velocities.

I have. Have there newest version on the shelf. I just see discrepancies in some of there data. However. I was really just wondering if ppl have had any other data or info. Appreciate the info though. Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with 33 Nosler? I have a custom build, that I have worked a few loads up with. It shoots great. But I'm running outta N560. Which it shoots fantastic with Berger 250 OTM's. Want to drop down to 225's. I got H-1000, N560, IMR-7828ssc.
I'd try the 7828ssc . It's my powder in my 30 Nosler and one of the recommended powders for 33 Nosler with 225 gr.

Powder Valley has 8#ers of NB560 in stock.

So I personally am looking for 250 grain bullets or heavier with a high ballistic coefficient. That's why I bought some Badlands Precision 250 grain bulldozers. But I haven't figured out which powder to try I think nosler's own information said the h1000 was good. Does anyone have experience with similar setups ?

Here's what I've done so far with mine if you want a little data on mono's.