338 RUM or 33 Nosler

That's cool the only action I know to have been tested to 200k psi and survive was a mark v
That they actually showed the test result for
I'm sure some of the big bore actions are as well also at a much higher weight
cz 550 in a magnum length also brutally strong

resurrecting this thread, as I have all the parts but my action - mostly because I can't decide which caliber to go with.

Going with a rem varmint steel barrel, 1-9.3 twist.

I have an unknown munitions bottom metal and mag setup that'll allow me to get 3.950" COAL - but don't know if I should go 338 RUM or 338 Norma at this point. I am going to shoot some 300gr berger elites, and probably the 260gr hammer hunter bullets as well.

This rifle will also cross over for some 2,000 yards and in shooting.

Between the 2, any input if I want to run the rounds through the mag?
RUM If you handload it is a great long-range caliber especially in the weights you will be using with that twist.

No bad choice in the 338 Rum or the 338 Edge .
The 2000 yards you speak of is really the easy button !
I pushed the 338 Rum easily out to 2000 plus . One of my 30" barrel 338 Edge has been to ...3027 yards on steel ...( 1.72 miles )
Bang flop on a Milk jug at a mile !

Now the game is different for me ...my last Elk was at 1244 yards , the 300 gr berger did a great job but my limit would be 1500 yards if the wind Gods were on my side that day .

I had 6 338's at one time and shot all of them to prove to what they would do .

I have a 24" carbon 338 Rum built for packing up the Mountains and love it !
250 gr berger at 2997 ft.per.sec.

All of my 338's were built on Remington actions not one failed in anyway !

I just finnished a 300 Rum , 26" 1/9 twist Omr carbon barrel on a Defiance tenacity action . It's very smooth but it dont shoot any better or worse than the Remington actions . Right now it shoots the the 245 gr bergers @ 3010 ft.per.sec a half inch at 100 yards . I'm going to try some seating depth changes to bring it in tight . I got a spot to shoot long range , 2000 plus but have to wait till the crops are all off here .

Looks like I'm long in the tooth today !
Really no bad choice in any that has been posted .
Let us know what you decide on !

I will be chasing 2 miles soon with the 338 Edge as long as the Lord is willing and the Creek dont rize ! 😎😎

Rum Man

245gr bergers at 3,010 is a hammer! Thanks for the responses thus far
It's really a Win ..Win !
Easy to find action and brass and I'm betting that it's going to be hard on game!
Time will tell .
I know for a fact the 300 gr bergers are great on Elk , Deer and Bear !
We have to many choices out there now .
Pick what sounds good to you !

It's hard to tell why I choose the Rums ! 😂😂😂

Rum Man