.325wsm for long range?

Nope. If I was kidding I would have written "just kidding".

I've owned a .325WSM in an 8lbs hunting rifle. For someone of fairly average construction (5'9"-6' 160-190lbs) it's a ton of recoil, especially from a bench. Sighting it in was the least fun I've ever had while pulling a trigger. I never really noticed recoil when hunting before that thing but I sure did when shot a deer with it. You may find your happy place at the receiving end of a good hard swat. I, personally, do not.

My Winchester 70 in 325wsm has a great stock recoil pad. Respectfully, I would not agree that one rifle that kicks, represents the caliber
across the board. The Browning may be a kicker though, since my friend's Xbolt had a rather hard pad. There are enough good offerings for the 325 to take advantage of this highly efficient round. This beauty shoots like a dream and the fit and finish is top shelf.
325WSM.jpg

I have 325WSM in a Kimber Montana, and the thing can't even be 7lbs scoped. Yes the recoil is very sharp, but easily manageable with practice. I use this as a thick cover gun as its super quick on the draw and shoot. Using Barnes 200 TSX at 2950, I would have no problems taking that gun out to 500 yards on game. But to be completely fair, I've never shot anything over 200 yards with this rifle, mostly hogs, couple cow elk, and an oryx. It has been extremely effective.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.