Tuning for long range

Looking for input 910 yard ladder. Did all the reading I can find by Alex Wheeler and Ryan Furman about ladder testing. I think I know what I'm looking at but want input the 2 low velocity (odd) rounds have me a little confused. I cleaned up the target to make it easier to read (horizonal).
IMO, the node is around 3110 FPS everything in that speed range hit real tight. The high one at 93/3127 might have been a fluke or out of the node.

Since this thread has a lot of great information…..here's more
Here's something else to be aware of! It all makes sense though, it's like ignition timing on a vehicle gas or diesel, if your ignition timing is off the rest of the results will suffer.

So if we were to perform a double blind test of primers seated with the say,,,RCBS ram and the Primal rights, you will actually see the difference in shooting!

So if we were to perform a double blind test of primers seated with the say,,,RCBS ram and the Primal rights, you will actually see the difference in shooting!
It's possible supposedly……never done a test myself for this but, honestly, I can see I could make a difference. Now do you need a $600 primer seater to do this, I doubt it, pretty sure my $75 Frankford Arsenal primer seater that has .001 seating adjustments could be just as accurate but after several hundred rnds, the bench primer seater could be a good thing.
Idk, I won't be buying one, I'll buy components, a gun, a barrel for for $600.

It's possible supposedly……never done a test myself for this but, honestly, I can see I could make a difference. Now do you need a $600 primer seater to do this, I doubt it, pretty sure my $75 Frankford Arsenal primer seater that has .001 seating adjustments could be just as accurate but after several hundred rnds, the bench primer seater could be a good thing.
Idk, I won't be buying one, I'll buy components, a gun, a barrel for for $600.
I think it is a very well thought out and build unit....I just question anything EC promotes these days....just me........

I think it is a very well thought out and build unit....I just question anything EC promotes these days....just me........
Yeah, not everything he promotes needs/can be used in a hunting situation.

I think some of the ways he does things is good, some of the equipment used is nice or would be nice but really ain't necessary to build quality ammo for taking animals within your personal yardage restrictions.

Long range hunters have to have their stuff together, so I believe the capabilities, equipment, processes are just as good or better than some competition shooting because if you have thousands of dollars in a hunt somewhere, you darn well have your ducks in a row.

@asd9055,

Are you saying the results are measurable in a precision benchrest rifle's groups?

I have found just by switching primer brands I can cut groups in half. It is the last thing I do in tuning a rifle.
There is no question about big change when you change primer brands.....I am saying, if I were to have him do a double blind test, will the results be measureable and consistent?
I am wired to question everything people are selling, like...Chris Berman trying to sell me extended car warranty....
That's me...it does not have to be you.....

There is no question about big change when you change primer brands.....I am saying, if I were to have him do a double blind test, will the results be measureable and consistent?
I am wired to question everything people are selling, like...Chris Berman trying to sell me extended car warranty....
That's me...it does not have to be you.....
I have tested primer depth in one rifle using the 21st century hand seater with fed gold metal 210 primers. I ran from I would call the primer touching the base of the pocket to 6 thou of crush. The groups def opened up once I passed 3 thou of crush. The 300 y groups easily doubled in size. I only shot one ten shot group at each setting (.0015 steps) so not a definitive test by any means but it was enough for me not to pursue it further.
For me at least, I get the most consistent results from my 20 year old rcbs hand seater and feeling the touch point.
I think shoulder bump variance or case to chamber fit might be a better way to call it, changes the primer depth more than the primer seating function. If that is 100% on point then maybe tuning primer depth would become the next variable to control.

I just double checked to make sure, but my $31.49 RCBS ram priming unit has the same cability of depth adjustment. And I have a few hundred dollars to spend on primers...yep, the Primal Rights is probably more efficient, but I am happy with what I have!

I always have to draw a line where hunting ends and bench rest starts. I don't do bench rest shooting at all. Being an engineer I can appreciate design and manufacturing. I seat mine on a rock chucker press. I can feel the press/primer fit everytime. Can't verify crush as I never checked.
My loads shoot well. I won't blast anyone that uses better/more expensive stuff. Interesting discussion as always.