300WSM and IMR 4350

chunks7mm

need a load for imr4350 with a 155 amax or nosler custom comp 155

strictly for LR shooting and not hunting....found a good load with H4350 but that stuffs little hard to find local and i have alot of the IMR stuff

Hodgdon lists both powders within a grain in your caliber with the 150 grain pills. Typically with the h and I 4350's if you can get data for one back up 10% and you'll have a good start for the other one.

I think 4350 either way is the almost perfect fit for the short mags!! I prefer the "H" version myself in my rifles but I also load for at least 4 other 300 shorts and the "H" version seems to give just a little better accuracy. I also use Remington 9 1/2 magnum primers in all my magnums of various cartridges and have never had a problem with velocity or point of impact in temperature from -10 to 50 during rifle seasons. GOOD CHOICE, either way for the shorty..

I picked up 2 pounds of H4350 yesterday and was tickled to find it. I like it in my 300WSM too. I never worked with the IMR stuff in it,so I guess I'm not much help there. I would have to agree with Lefty though and back up 10% and go from there.

I was shooting 65.0grs of IMR-4350 with 165gr bullets in my 300WSM.That should make you a good starting point for the 150's.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts