Imr 4350

I have reloaded with IMR 4350 in a .243 and several 30-06 and all have been temp sensitive. I do most of my reloading in the summer so I hear you on the 95 degree days. I keep my ammo and gun in the shade when possible and monitor temperature with a kestrel and inferred thermometer. My .243 shoots about 3125 with 100 grain bullets at 90 degrees and 3060 at 50 degrees and is very linear. If you are on the upper end of an accuracy node and it gets hot, it will speed up and push it outside the node and vise versa. I usually opt for the high end of a node in the summer and verify it's still in the node come winter....or some people have a load for each season.

Jkling that's exactly what happened had really good group at 56 grain awesome accuracy at 56.5 then crap at 57 maybe I'll drop down to 56 giving me that flexibility but I'm shooting Barnes and need that speed I don't want to limit myself to 500 yards I wasn't impressed with the speed of the load once I chronoed it 2890 and in the heat so probably 2800 when I adjust

I shoot ttsx in almost all my rifles and they need a good copper solvent every now and then to keep accuracy up.

I'm using shooters choice and getting good results on my patches I used to use Sweets but it's too harsh and I tried KG and it's a little too weak but I thought Shooters Choice was a good one

How fast are you getting your TTSX's what's your farthest kill

Last edited:
Almost 400 yards with a .243 on deer. Mostly 200 yards and under. Not sure on speeds but they are all drt.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts