300 yd muzzleloader scope opinions

The Oregonian

Would like to get a B&C reticle, a MOAR reticle, or something similar to keep dialing to a minimum.

Considering a VXiii, SHV, or an NXS. Not sure if NXS is worth it over SHV or VXiii without too much dialing...but I don't want to skimp on optics. Most shots should be 200 or in and shooting close to dark seem to be bigger concerns than perfect tracking.

Thoughts or opinions?

No brainer IMO, go with the leupold ultimateslam 3x9 w/ SA.B.R. Reticle......designed for ML and has holds at 50, 100, 150, 200, and 300 yards. Can get illuminated for $100 more.

Save the quality of glass and that price point for long range glass for a rifle, where the quality of glass will come into play......the leupold glass on the ultimate slam is perfectly fine for 300 yards.

I'm about to get a new scope for my muzzle loader and there no doubt it will be a 4x12x50 vxr CDS .low light performance is as good as it gets with the firedot .shooting past legal light would be very easy.i have the same scope on my 300 win mag and it's my favorite scope I have owned .i have a shv 5x20x56 moar illuminated and I love it as well but for hunting vxr is my #1 choice . Send leupold the spec of your gun and see how far out you can get with a CDS dial
Would like to get a B&C reticle, a MOAR reticle, or something similar to keep dialing to a minimum.

Considering a VXiii, SHV, or an NXS. Not sure if NXS is worth it over SHV or VXiii without too much dialing...but I don't want to skimp on optics. Most shots should be 200 or in and shooting close to dark seem to be bigger concerns than perfect tracking.

Thoughts or opinions?

I ended up getting a NF NXS 2.5x10x42 with the MOAR reticle. I prefer being able to dial or use MOS than something with hashes or dots in random places, such as a B&C or Leupold SABR reticle.

Not cheap but a very good scope that is tough as nails.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.