New scope opinions

You have to wonder about what DENWA brought up with the fakes.
Had a local guy try and sale me some fake Zeiss scopes. I nearly did it too. But came home and was researching them. Ended up calling Zeiss and figured out they were fake.

Really burns my --- that this is even possible.

Pitiful that one could expend so much energy cheapening the good efforts of others. Only pure selfish greed - and then we don't understand it because we're cut from different cloth I guess.

My recommendation is a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50. Not the lightest scope nor the heaviest. Not the best glass but plenty good though. Great eye relief which you'll appreciate with that RUM and no tunneling down low. Bullet proof construction and tracking. Will be one piece of your gear that you'll never have to worry about in the heat of the moment and will last you for years. I have one that's 19 yrs old this yr and still works like it did in 2001. Good luck

I would also have to say I haven't had any luck with luppy. I have had excellent luck with nightforce, bushnell 6500, and a few others.
I can say that I have not tried the leicas but I have the hdb 3000 bios and the 1600b range finder. Had the old hdb's Also.
I can say they have probably the best glass I've even looked through. It was had to not by the swaro's because of the name value but I can say you won't lose any glass quality to any other company with Leica.

I've also been looking for a good scope for a 6.5 PRC I'm having built. Current front runners are the Swarovski X5 & Nightforce ATACR. I like the glass on the X5 and the dependability of the ATACR. Decisions, decisions...

I've got a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 scope that I use on my muzzleloader and I've been happy with it. I've had it for about 3 years and it's got a few dents and dings from use. It's about $220 and I realize that's a little over your budget, but for an extra $20 you can get a decent scope.

Alternatively, the Nikon Buckmaster series has a 3-9x40 right around the $200 range. I have one, but I just recently purchased it for a .22. So, I can comment on the quality or reliability. Time will tell if it was a good purchase.

There are a lot of other scopes in that price range or less. You might look into Burris and Bushnell, too. I know Bushnell has some higher power scopes under $200 (look at Trophy XLT series), but I don't know how good they are.

Pitiful that one could expend so much energy cheapening the good efforts of others. Only pure selfish greed - and then we don't understand it because we're cut from different cloth I guess.
it seems to me people selling scopes from 2K-5K is the definition of greed. maybe I am different

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.